Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 FXD code and dies.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 12:37 PM
outlaw16
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 FXD code and dies.

The problem: Check engine light code P0154, rear O2 sensor inactive and after riding at higher speeds and then coming to stop where the bike should idle with either the clutch pulled in or in neutral the engine begins to "choke" out and die. At the stop light I can restart the bike and the idle goes back to normal. There is no noticeable loss of power when riding or other issues.

My bike is an 2008 FXD with a V&H fuel pack, screaming eagle air cleaner and V&H shortshots. No other mods have been made.

Steps I have taken:
1) Checked the code from the speedo, P0154 and cleared the code. Ensured the O2 sensor was tight along with the connection between the wires. Also, verified fuel pack is operational. Ran bike again and had the same problem.
2) Consulted google and forums search and it seems this is not an unusual problem however it seems there are a couple of possible issues.
3) Right now, the rear O2 sensor is off the bike and it looks the same as when I had the pipes off over Christmas.
4) What I've read so far to remedy the issue is a) replace 02 Sensor, or disconnect everything and rub electrical grease over all connectors and reconnect everything and run the bike again.

Anyone got any other ideas? I also read some threads on the Throttle Position Sensor could have moisture in it and that might be a factor as well. Any helpful responses would be most welcome. I will be heading to work so will unfortunately be unresponsive until later this evening to answer any questions.

Thank you!

Old 07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would take the fuel pak out and put in the 02 sensors.
If the 02 sensors are not in then I would think you will always get that code.

Have you washed the bike lately?