Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pak question - help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Limey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pak question - help please

I've got an 06 Street Bob which I've fitted a Screaming Eagle air cleaner, V&H straight shot slip ons and the first version of the V&H Fuel Pak to.

It sounds a lot better than stock but I'm never really sure if it goes that much better, and it has that annoying popping when you close the throttle. I believe that was fixed with a later software version on the FP, but being in the UK I've apparently got to send the FP to Sweden to get the software updated so never bothered.

Anyway, the point of the question is, if I dump the FP and just run the bike with the air cleaner and slip ons, how is it likely to run?

It's a UK bike which has the factory alarm fitted meaning there's hardly any room under the seat for the FP, and I'm fitting the small LED indicators which have a control module that also has to be squeezed under the seat somehow. I'm pretty sure I won't fit all that stuff under the seat, so if the bike will run ok without the FP that might be the one to have to go. I'm much more concerned about it running well than going faster so if I can manage without the FP then I probably will.

Thanks in advance (I hope)

Old 07-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's the changeover year to the Delphi EFI. Does your bike have O2 sensors?

Old 07-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Calling Vance & Hines is the only support for the FP. They can help with de-cel pop by changing some of the nodes settings.But only they know what those nodes actually do.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Limey
Tourer

What I'm really trying to find out is whether the bike will run well with the SE air cleaner, V&H slip-ons but no FuelPak, in fact no changes other than the air cleaner and pipes?

Old 07-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Well without o2 sensors ,more air in, and more air out without adding more fuel will tend to be leaner and hotter. With o2 sensors the ecm will try to compensate towards a stock lean mix.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:53 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Limey
What I'm really trying to find out is whether the bike will run well with the SE air cleaner, V&H slip-ons but no FuelPak, in fact no changes other than the air cleaner and pipes?
It will run too hot. I wouldn't do it.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Tuffstang
Cruiser
Default 06 w/ FP

I'm running a similar set on my 06 SB. I have the V&H side shots with the quiet baffles installed an HD open air cleaner w/rain sock. I too get some decel popping.

Recently cleaned out the intake and checked plugs, seemed to help. Also had the throttle cables replaced, old ones got sticky. I've installed some SE wires and need to pick up some SE plugs to match. Then I'll see how that goes.

I would not remove the FP as the bike may run hotter. Double check your settings? hope this helps.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuffstang
I'm running a similar set on my 06 SB. I have the V&H side shots with the quiet baffles installed an HD open air cleaner w/rain sock. I too get some decel popping.

Recently cleaned out the intake and checked plugs, seemed to help. Also had the throttle cables replaced, old ones got sticky. I've installed some SE wires and need to pick up some SE plugs to match. Then I'll see how that goes.

I would not remove the FP as the bike may run hotter. Double check your settings? hope this helps.
I agree. Check the fuelpak site and see if the settings on the map has changed, sometimes they change some of the settings for the same map. My map is current and I get some decel pop sometimes, I kinda like it.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your bike will run fine without the FP or at least my old Sportster did. My suggestion would be to spend a little money and get a real tuner a SEPST and put it on the dyno then your done and can enjoy riding your bike.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 AM
rsmith
Intermediate

Throw it away get a PC5 and the problem will go away and so will the 02 sensors I did and could not be any happier with my bike

Quick Reply: Fuel Pak question - help please