Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My sorta street tracker build thing

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:08 PM
mike13
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My sorta street tracker build thing

Hey fellas, been on this forum a long time but mostly just lurk. Thought I'd throw out my recent upgrades and changes I did on my 07' street bob to see whatcha guys think. Originally, I wanted an old school bobber type feel for it but after gettin it close to where I wanted it I was very disapointed in the handling and just didn't enjoy riding it any more. I come from a sport bike back ground and I wouldn't say I'm fast but I do like a spirited pace. After lowering my bike it didn't handle good any more and I was never satisfied with braking performance either. Was gonna sell it but after reading some of you guy's suspension and brake upgrade threads I decided to go for it and hooked up with howard at Motorcyclemetal. I got the 14" Ohlins s36pl piggy backs and Race tech gold valve and spring kit and dual brembo front brake setup. After seeing a couple of street tracker dyna builds I settled on that look for my bike. I wanted to build a tube subframe to fit an XR tail but I was limited on tools for fabrication so it was gonna have to be something simple. After following valhalla-77's build thread I wanted to do something similar.

Got it to a point were I can ride but just not sure on how it turned out as far as looks. I like it but I feel like sumthing is missing. Too late to go back though and it is growing on me and it is definately different. As far as getting the bike to brake and handle better I knocked it outa the park(Thanks to Howard). I haven't really took it on a proper canyon ride yet but the brakes are phenomanal and handling is so much better than stock. Haven't even tuned the shocks or gold valves yet besides some preload in the back. Totally satisfied with mechanical upgrades and worth every penny. Bike is a hoot to throw around now. Just need to save up for engine work and maybe a nice paint job.

I included a before shot and a shot with the V-rod fairing and without.

Attached Thumbnails My sorta street tracker build thing-photo-2-.jpg   My sorta street tracker build thing-sb7.jpg   My sorta street tracker build thing-sb4.jpg   My sorta street tracker build thing-sb3.jpg   My sorta street tracker build thing-sb2.jpg  

Old 07-29-2014, 11:32 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mike13
Hey fellas, been on this forum a long time but mostly just lurk. Thought I'd throw out my recent upgrades and changes I did on my 07' street bob to see whatcha guys think. Originally, I wanted an old school bobber type feel for it but after gettin it close to where I wanted it I was very disapointed in the handling and just didn't enjoy riding it any more. I come from a sport bike back ground and I wouldn't say I'm fast but I do like a spirited pace. After lowering my bike it didn't handle good any more and I was never satisfied with braking performance either. Was gonna sell it but after reading some of you guy's suspension and brake upgrade threads I decided to go for it and hooked up with howard at Motorcyclemetal. I got the 14" Ohlins s36pl piggy backs and Race tech gold valve and spring kit and dual brembo front brake setup. After seeing a couple of street tracker dyna builds I settled on that look for my bike. I wanted to build a tube subframe to fit an XR tail but I was limited on tools for fabrication so it was gonna have to be something simple. After following valhalla-77's build thread I wanted to do something similar.

Got it to a point were I can ride but just not sure on how it turned out as far as looks. I like it but I feel like sumthing is missing. Too late to go back though and it is growing on me and it is definately different. As far as getting the bike to brake and handle better I knocked it outa the park(Thanks to Howard). I haven't really took it on a proper canyon ride yet but the brakes are phenomanal and handling is so much better than stock. Haven't even tuned the shocks or gold valves yet besides some preload in the back. Totally satisfied with mechanical upgrades and worth every penny. Bike is a hoot to throw around now. Just need to save up for engine work and maybe a nice paint job.

I included a before shot and a shot with the V-rod fairing and without.
You knocked that out of the park man! Very different and nicely done. I followed the other thread you talked about and that bike is amazing also. I think I like it better without the fairing on there but it's hard to really tell from the pictures. Great job man enjoy that baby!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:53 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

There you go! Nice to see you stuck with her and gave her a facelift. Looks like a it would be a blast to ride.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:02 AM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks great and it's gotta be fun to ride. You said you think it's missing something. I think a grate/rock guard on the headlight would go with the theme a little better than the headlight fairing. Still looks pretty dam cool though.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:04 PM
mike13
Advanced

Thanks for the kind words guy's. Yeah, the pics are a lil sh.ty, sorry. Think I like it with out the fairing too. Gonna leave it on a bit to see if it grows on me.

Donr, you mean like this?

Attached Thumbnails My sorta street tracker build thing-sb8.jpg  
Old 07-30-2014, 06:37 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mike13
Donr, you mean like this?

That minus the fairing or something like this grill. I like the fairings, it just seems out of place with the direction you went.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEADLIGHT-GR...-/251471780041

Old 07-30-2014, 07:58 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

Hell yeah!! That's a breath of fresh air. If I can make one suggestion it would be the gas tank. With how slender the rest of the bike is, and the overall tracker setup a narrower tank would flow a lot better. A 48 tank or older Sportster tank modified to fit the dyna backbone. I know giving up 2+ gallons is tough but aesthetics are a tricky thing. Otherwise you nailed it. Next step is that purty Ohlins fork with gold or black nitrided tubes. And then...... And then..... Lol never stops.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:21 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, I really like your street tracker build thing! I think the fairing looks great but I think it would also look good with a front fender or atleast a fender brace. Good work!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 PM
mike13
Advanced

Thanks again guys!

Shiftace, I would love to slim down the tank. Sumthin like those RSD tanks would look kool. That will be a later project. Pretty soon I'm gonna shave the dash down and relocate the speedo to the bars. That should help thin it out a bit as far as top to bottom. Coating the tubes would be bitchen but I've had these damn forks apart too many times so that will be another down the road project. Would like to swap in some gold USD forks but thats bux too. Got lots of ideas, no proper tools or money. Always a work in progress.

Product, Yeah, I agree a low profile fender off a sport bike maybe would look good. The stock fender is just too long and thin and sits too high. I was going to put a fork brace but heard a lot of them cause stiction and negate any benefits.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:14 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

take a saw and drill to that stock fender. Its a great place to start since its already contoured to the tire size/shape. Drill new holes to lower it , then cut off the excess on that part. Cover the fender in blue tape and draw up how you want it to look. Take 4-5in off each end and voilą. Killer custom fender. I'm looking forward to the progression of it.

Quick Reply: My sorta street tracker build thing