Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best front brake caliper

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:37 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

If you havent done so already, upgrade the brake pads to Lyndall gold. Made a big difference to my 2008.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 AM
ColdPizza
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2 pistons OEM was kinda inadequate to stop my evo dyna fxd full loaded. So i decided to purchase a PM 4 pistons front caliper. Surely a huge improvement to my safety.... but..... i am always aware from using the front brake too violently because the diameter of the forks is just 39mm and very often the street contains debrees and other ***** that make slippery the ride even with perfect tire.

I would suggest to consider these elements before to buy the front caliper:

1)Diamater of the front fork.

2)Conditions of the front tire.

3)Conditions of the streets where you usually ride your motorcycle.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 PM
fatmanontwowheels
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jangler14
I second JayBrake.
I seen complaints about leaking calipers from PM.
JayBrake's stuff is made from billet aluminum and not that cast crap. Though I am not sure what PM is using for material.

You will see an increase in stopping power and better control with stainless steel braided lines versus the stock ones if you haven't tried that yet.
JayBrake is good stuff too and PM calipers are billet aluminum as well ( have not had any leak issues with them, but I will say PM's bleeder screws are not the best ). Also Iam another vote for the Lyndall pads.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the jaybrake. I'm very happy with the improvement going to a jay6 and braided lines...

Lyndall pads and rotors next year

Originally Posted by fatmanontwowheels
JayBrake is good stuff too and PM calipers are billet aluminum as well ( have not had any leak issues with them, but I will say PM's bleeder screws are not the best ). Also Iam another vote for the Lyndall pads.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:50 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Maybe it's because I have dual calipers up front but I find the braking way more than adequate with stock rotors and Lyndall pads. Then again I clean my caliper pistons and bleed the system about every year. Easy to do with speedbleeders.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:55 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i did braided lines and the HD brembo caliper. It is better than stock, and with the lyndall gold pads it produces no dust, looks good, and stops me well. That said its braking power is not going to blow you stocks off, even with braided lines... I do have 1 finger full braking power with the setup, so that is nice, alot great lever feel... but it took a ton of work to pull off and i would do a full on brembo sportbike caliper or radial mount if i was to do it all over again and knew what i know now. But hey got to try sometimes and no one has the same one i am running but it is just a mild step up from stock. I spoke to someone at brembo that told me it was not even their design it was HD's design they just built the calipers for them. WIsh i would have known that!

nice part about it is pads are easy to get, i can get the in lyndall golds so no dust, rebuild kits are easy to get, i can show customers how we are able to shave/coat calipers, and it is unique