Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FL Nacelle on 41mm wideglide, my next project

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First let me say I did not get MuddyApe's permission for this pic. I can't find the thread I got it from, but it is one of my favorite bikes on this forum. I saved the image to my computer because I like it so much. It's all in flattery and awe that I am posting it here now. If member MuddyApe does not want it then I hope I can delete it. I just want to be respectful to him.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

got the remaining parts today for the Nacelle, was missing the bucket to mount the light bulb, found that any from roadkings and touring will work

tomorrow I continue the mock up and figure out how to mount the lower nacelle fasteners, I have an idea and will share when I test it

Old 09-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

After a lot of starring and thinking I came up with an idea to secure the lower portion of the Nacelle,at first I thought of welding a nut to the lower tree, then I thought of drilling and tapping but both will ruin a really nice chrome part that is expensive to replace, feedback is always welcome.This is what I came up with, I have unused detach windshield 41mm fork tube clamps, I will attach these to the fork tubes just above the lower triple clamp, then drill a hole on the backside of the nacelle and attach the nacelle to the windshield clamp using a spacer to fill the void, doing this also frees up the stock lower mounting hole so that I can install a light bar in the future and stock FLH windshield. in the meantime I will use a nice chrome button screw and nut to fill the lower mounting hole on the nacelle

Old 09-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
After a lot of starring and thinking I came up with an idea to secure the lower portion of the Nacelle,at first I thought of welding a nut to the lower tree, then I thought of drilling and tapping but both will ruin a really nice chrome part that is expensive to replace, feedback is always welcome.This is what I came up with, I have unused detach windshield 41mm fork tube clamps, I will attach these to the fork tubes just above the lower triple clamp, then drill a hole on the backside of the nacelle and attach the nacelle to the windshield clamp using a spacer to fill the void, doing this also frees up the stock lower mounting hole so that I can install a light bar in the future and stock FLH windshield. in the meantime I will use a nice chrome button screw and nut to fill the lower mounting hole on the nacelle

[/URL]
What if you used something like these under the nacelle?

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Relocation-Softail-Sportster-Electra/dp/B008H8MVZ4 http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Relocation-Softail-Sportster-Electra/dp/B008H8MVZ4

Old 09-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PatrickHenninger
What if you used something like these under the nacelle?

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Relocat.../dp/B008H8MVZ4

Yes that would work , all that would be needed is to drill a new hole in the side of the nacelle, this was my first option

Old 09-24-2014, 10:22 PM
zachpeed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but really... i would pay you to whip one of these up for my dyna.

pm me.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:57 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice job. I like the polished aluminum look rather than the chrome. You did a good polishing job and an even better effort designing a mount.

Keep thinking outside the box!

Old 09-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by afmm3
nice job. I like the polished aluminum look rather than the chrome. You did a good polishing job and an even better effort designing a mount.

Keep thinking outside the box!

thx afmm3

Old 09-29-2014, 12:54 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

ive seen it all now , an 70 fl nacelle on a dyna

Old 09-29-2014, 01:08 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

I would pull your tubes out off trees , drill and tab lower trees so you can put a stud in each side to use quick disconnect windshield or fairing and maintain the stress points that they are designed for . when not using nacelle a stainless button head allen hides hole nicely

Quick Reply: FL Nacelle on 41mm wideglide, my next project