Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TECHNO RESEARCH RACE TUNER QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
strengthin1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TECHNO RESEARCH RACE TUNER QUESTION

I had a Techno-Research race tuner put on my Girlfriends'07 Dyna per their recommendation and the shopis having problems finding it's sweet spot. Bike was backfiringwhen decellerating/gearing down.Has been on the Dyno and still can be going forward. They're telling me it's just a matter of finding the "right map setting". She presently has a Stage 1 kit and Rinehart pipes. Any one else seem to be having the same problem? Any feedback would be appreciated. I know the mechanic is a straight shooter so it's just a matter of getting it dialed in. Anyone else have any experience w/ this race tuner? Thanks!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: TECHNO RESEARCH RACE TUNER QUESTION

I have a SERT not a techno but if the bike is popping on decel then it is probably still running lean as that is a major symptom. My lean popping was reduced to almost nothing by increasing both air and fuel settings in very small increments until the popping went away. I did it myself with my laptop because my dyno tuner couldn't get it right.(BTW it took me a weekend and about 20 2-4 mileruns with the bike up to full operating tempto get it optimized). If you dothis make certain to check your spark plugs to be certain they don't have black deposits which will indicate you are running too rich. You should be able to wind that motor from 2000-5500 rpm and decel all the way back down to 2000multiple times and get no popping. You will know when you are there.