Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuner issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Kyle Washam
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuner issues

i have an 07 roadking. i ran fuelpak for last 3 years with no issues. but lately have problems with it stsrting idling and emhiccups and yesterday died while riding. harley told me its the tuner. bike has no issues when i unplug tuner and run stock but obviously dont wanna run lean. i bought brand nrw tuner and made sure connections are tight but still havr same issues runa fine without it and problems with it. im at a loss. any ideas???

Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 AM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,916 Likes on 4,158 Posts

You should probably put your question here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/
This forum is for problems with the HDFORUMS'website.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,183 Likes on 2,453 Posts

runs bad with tuner. runs fine without tuner. buys new tuner, and it runs bad again. so sounds like the tuner, but you don't mention what tuner you bought. i assume that you bought another vh fuelpack. i would guess that the settings are wrong.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Kyle Washam
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Washam
i have an 07 roadking. i ran fuelpak for last 3 years with no issues. but lately have problems with it stsrting idling and emhiccups and yesterday died while riding. harley told me its the tuner. bike has no issues when i unplug tuner and run stock but obviously dont wanna run lean. i bought brand nrw tuner and made sure connections are tight but still havr same issues runa fine without it and problems with it. im at a loss. any ideas???
Originally Posted by skratch
runs bad with tuner. runs fine without tuner. buys new tuner, and it runs bad again. so sounds like the tuner, but you don't mention what tuner you bought. i assume that you bought another vh fuelpack. i would guess that the settings are wrong.
yes bought a new fuelpak. didnt have issues for last 3 years or som just been last few months.. but doing it still with brand new one from v&h with same base map for stage 1. so wondering now if connections or something else??

Old 01-16-2019, 11:57 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Washam
yes bought a new fuelpak. didnt have issues for last 3 years or som just been last few months.. but doing it still with brand new one from v&h with same base map for stage 1. so wondering now if connections or something else??
The new one came preprogrammed and all you had to do is plug it in. works well unplugged. That leaves connections, but not just the plug in ed, trace to the ECM for any knicks in the cable. you should carefully check if one of the wires have separated from the prong by pulling each wire separately but not hard enough to rip them out.