Europe All of Europe "Hey, it's small!"

North Rheinland-Westphailia riders?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 05:27 AM
MRoach
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Rheinland-Westphailia riders?

Hey all, I'm stationed in Geilenkirchen NATO base. I'm a part of the Geilenkirchen Riders Association, but the group as a whole isn't very active. I'm looking for some people in the Aachen/Geilenkirchen/Heinsberg area that are at least semi-active and looking for some pickup rides. I'm riding a XL1200X with a 2.1g/7.9l tank, so I'll have to make frequent gas stops, but those are great ways to find little cafes and what not. I've also only been here for about 3 months so I'm still not too familiar with the area, and am looking for some great riding routes.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Petro
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad we could get you out for a little bit yesterday, wet as it was. Sorry it was a little too wet to get into the really good twisties down there. Next Sunday looks like a nice day, so we should be good to try it again. Glad we got you some rain riding exoerience though. And we can at least say that we got you to the Biker Ranch.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:50 AM
MRoach
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely! I still had a blast despite the rain. Little bit of water never hurt anyone, and my bike finally got dirty! I'm really looking forward to taking those twisties on dry pavement, and not having to worry about the bike sliding out

Old 08-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Karnevil
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, I live in Wuppertal, which is about 1.5hrs East of you. But I enjoy traveling and have no problem meeting up and riding new places. I don't know that area, yet, but look forward to learning new places. I have a '12 Ultra, but stripped it down to almost SG appearance. My wife and I both ride, she has a Switchback and are always looking to ride. I am from PA, ex Navy, now living here to be with my wife. Love it here except for the weather! Looks like great riding weather this weekend. We have a group riding Saturday morning, if you are interested. Ride safe.