EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Center Stand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 05:41 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

First accessory I put on my ultra was a EZ-Up Wheeldock center stand. Paid $100 shipped. New they are pricey.
Amazon.com: Wheeldock EZ-Up Center Stand CS-09: Automotive Amazon.com: Wheeldock EZ-Up Center Stand CS-09: Automotive

Old 04-28-2015, 05:50 AM
N-Truder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have a center stand but do have an HF lift. Lift is a tight fit as it is so a stand probably would be in the way. Can lift it 18" so wheel removal is a piece of cake. I always lower it onto the safety lock/stop when using it. And...probably costs less than a center stand. I paid around $75.00 for it.

Just my. 02 worth...

Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 AM
RLH3175
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,411 Likes on 904 Posts

I have the Harbor Freight stand for when I need the wheels off the floor but the center stand works good for any time I am parking in a level parking spot.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:29 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Never though much about a center stand until I bought my FJR; they are actually quite handy for saving space and general maintenance. I haven't thought too much about one for the RKC yet, but that's only because I have a lot of other projects to spend the money. However, I do think about it a little everytime I set her down on the jiffy stand. The bike takes up a space and half leaning over like that.

Beary

Old 04-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Hopper
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it was JohnnyJZJZ posted a great idea for using jacks on here a while back. Use to large hose clamps and some rubber padding to go around the bottom frame rails and the jack and lock the bike on to the jack.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:20 PM
johnod
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hogcowboy
First accessory I put on my ultra was a EZ-Up Wheeldock center stand. Paid $100 shipped. New they are pricey.
Amazon.com: Wheeldock EZ-Up Center Stand CS-09: Automotive

Does it lift rear tire off the ground?
Doesn't look like it?

Old 05-01-2015, 04:45 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I have the same front stand as RLH, which I picked out of the dealer's specials 'bin' shortly after the twinkies first appeared! Been happy and smug with it ever since. Most of my non-Harleys over the years have had a centre-stand plus a jiffy, it always seemed odd to me that the MoCo never found the need to fit them as stock.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:12 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnod
Does it lift rear tire off the ground?
Doesn't look like it?
By it's self no. But I put a piece of 3/4 inch plywood down and put it back up and it does. It's a little harder to do but it can be done. If you are a little short legged might have to do it standing up. I've done it both ways.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:34 AM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I have the same front stand as RLH, which I picked out of the dealer's specials 'bin' shortly after the twinkies first appeared! Been happy and smug with it ever since.

Wouldn't happen to have a part number for that would you? Not having much luck with my google search for this. It would be great to save space in garage when you don't feel like putting it on the Jack.

I use Jack with tie down strap ran over both frame rails. My jack has a bar that runs parallel to the frame rails but is about 3" bellow and in between the jack pads so I go from jack base, over 1st frame, under center bar on jack, over second frame rail to jack base on other side and tighten.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:06 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by rockhousebadboy
Wouldn't happen to have a part number for that would you? Not having much luck with my google search for this. It would be great to save space in garage when you don't feel like putting it on the Jack.
After a bit of a witch-hunt I found the invoice, dated 2001. That tells me it is #99002-97, which is still available. The H-D website currently says it won't fit early models, but I didn't have any problems at the time when I installed mine.

Quick Reply: Center Stand?