EVO All Evo Model Discussion

98' Road Glide Power Commander V Fuel Moto AT-300

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Electric Greaseball
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool 98' Road Glide Power Commander V Fuel Moto AT-300

Let me say right off the bat " I am not affiliated with DynoJet or Fuel Moto " in any way other than a happy customer. That being said,

I got my 98' EFI Road Glide up and running as most of you know from prior posts. My children gave me a Dynojet Power Commander V from Fuel Moto for my Birthday which had been sitting on the shelf for several months. I couldn't find a whole lot of info for these on the forum for the Evo M&M. A few emails to Chris at Dynojet and Keith over at Fuel Moto and I decided to go ahead and install her. Using a stock fuel map from Dynojet, The difference is night and day compared to the stock ECM performance. She would easily out perform my Hopped up 92' FLHS! Wow.

Chris recommended adding the AutoTune-300 to the system to make her a complete closed system which would allow fine tuning the Fuel map to my riding style. I want to keep the bike relatively stock for the moment, Rather than welding in the included 18MM bungs I took my chances and picked up a set of 08' head pipes (which came stock with the 18mm 02 sensor holes in them) and sure enough they are a direct fit. so I contacted Keith (fuel Moto) and ordered the AT-300, he also sent a custom fuel map along for my scooter too.

I have been tinkering with her for a couple of weeks now fine tuning the Fuel Map with my laptop and can say quite frankly that this setup is a real winner in my book. Mileage has dropped slightly, Plugs and combustion are all spot on. Installation is not that difficult, took a little longer as I have the Cruise Control module where the instructions indicate mounting the PC-V, It took me a bit of time to figure out where to mount the PC-V unit. Plug and play wiring allows it to be easily installed/removed without any mods to the stock wiring harness.

Thanks again to all who offered help and suggestions to help me get this Old Dawg up and running! Keep the shinny side up...

Old 09-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Ruggs59
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 84 Posts

Sounds like a success to me... nice that the head pipes fits the EVOs all the way up to 08

Old 09-29-2016, 12:36 AM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Greaseball

Chris recommended adding the AutoTune-300 to the system to make her a complete closed system which would allow fine tuning the Fuel map to my riding style. I want to keep the bike relatively stock for the moment, Rather than welding in the included 18MM bungs I took my chances and picked up a set of 08' head pipes (which came stock with the 18mm 02 sensor holes in them) and sure enough they are a direct fit. so I contacted Keith (fuel Moto) and ordered the AT-300, he also sent a custom fuel map along for my scooter too.
Put the power comander v on my 97 flhtcui back in spring and made a nice improvement over the dfo that I replaced....been thinking about adding the auto tune....did you notice much improvement with it verses the power comander and a good map?

Old 09-29-2016, 03:02 PM
RLH3175
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,412 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Greaseball
Let me say right off the bat " I am not affiliated with DynoJet or Fuel Moto " in any way other than a happy customer. That being said,

I got my 98' EFI Road Glide up and running as most of you know from prior posts. My children gave me a Dynojet Power Commander V from Fuel Moto for my Birthday which had been sitting on the shelf for several months. I couldn't find a whole lot of info for these on the forum for the Evo M&M. A few emails to Chris at Dynojet and Keith over at Fuel Moto and I decided to go ahead and install her. Using a stock fuel map from Dynojet, The difference is night and day compared to the stock ECM performance. She would easily out perform my Hopped up 92' FLHS! Wow.

I have been tinkering with her for a couple of weeks now fine tuning the Fuel Map with my laptop and can say quite frankly that this setup is a real winner in my book. Mileage has dropped slightly, Plugs and combustion are all spot on. Installation is not that difficult, took a little longer as I have the Cruise Control module where the instructions indicate mounting the PC-V, It took me a bit of time to figure out where to mount the PC-V unit. Plug and play wiring allows it to be easily installed/removed without any mods to the stock wiring harness.

Thanks again to all who offered help and suggestions to help me get this Old Dawg up and running! Keep the shinny side up...
I have the PC V on my 96 ultra classic, the Auto Tune AT-300 and POD-300 display. It is an awesome setup.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Electric Greaseball
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default adding AutoTune to the PC-V

Originally Posted by rockhousebadboy
Put the power commander v on my 97 flhtcui back in spring and made a nice improvement over the dfo that I replaced....been thinking about adding the auto tune....did you notice much improvement with it verses the power commander and a good map?
I was concerned with not being able to read the actual AFR, especially the rear cylinder using a genetic map. Installing the AT-300 and auto adjusting the map to my style of riding has resulted in a big difference in gas mileage and peak performance.

She was peppy with the PC-5 alone with the Dynojet Map, using that same map and adjusting it with the AutoTune ultimately brought me to basically the same settings as the Fuel Moto map after adjusting it with the AT-300.

Gas mileage went up approx. 4 miles to the gallon, engine temperature has definitely decreased and she is a lot more Peppy.

The following users liked this post:
rockhousebadboy (09-30-2016)