EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Wood's 41.5 CV Carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:29 AM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Wood's 41.5 CV Carb

Finally made time to pull S&S carb off & prepare to install the Wood's CV. I'll post up a few pics of said carb & some info. For my application, after talking to Bob, he recommended his K415-325A kit , which is a CV bored out to 41.5MM & a KF-325A High Flow Air Package. I wiil suggest one thing if you buy one of these kits, work real close with who ever you buy from, be it Bob or a distributor. I dropped the ball on a couple of things , I don't think I really needed in order to keep the cost down, like the High Capacity Float Bowl Kit, but its on there so I'll live with it. So first pic will be the S&S & CV side by side so you can see the difference in size, mainly the air filter. I have a Zipper's MaxFlow air cleaner kit on the S&S , which the filter is 7' dia. X 3' deep. The Wood's filter is 7'dia. X 3.312. Big difference. Leg room is already tight with the Zipper's so this may be a issue.

Last pic is box of assorted jets to finish tuning & Looks like he puts serial #'s on his product in order to keep up with what's been done . Every nut,bolt, screw, washer has been re-placed. Overall a re-built carb pretty well done. Have some bracket's to make to support carb to head's so when thats done I can get carb on, & fire this sucker up! I'll post back later.

Ride Safe,
Harold

Old 04-06-2014, 11:40 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,684 Likes on 850 Posts

Good looking setup and what a filter, I know Woods stuff is expensive but no guessing going on with his products and solid performance.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Harold, keep this thread going and do a 14 day report. I am interested in this product and trust your input. I simply love the Super-E I have on the softie but the fltr had a CV with cruise that I may want to keep.I have NEVER even tried the cruise though. Lol thanks,
Tom

Old 04-06-2014, 01:09 PM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Please post one more pic of it on the bike. Looks good.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Schex
Supporter
Received 6,816 Likes on 1,760 Posts

Subscribed

Old 04-07-2014, 08:12 AM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
I know Woods stuff is expensive but no guessing going on with his products and solid performance.
I bought a Wood carb a couple of years ago. You're right, it wasn't cheap. But it was perfectly set up and a simple bolt-on. Super smooth, and I haven't had to touch it at all since it was installed. Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:09 AM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain
Default Update

Few pics & update with this carb:

A Couple members wanted to see carb installed on bike.

Installation of the carb was fairly simple except with the S&S intake manifold I used , I finally found out, that you have to use their U-Ring seals.
Intake manifold#(16-1736) & Seal#(16-0442)
Will post more pics & info, later tonite. Its a BEAUTIFUL day here & I'm getting on the highway!!!!! Later

Ride Safe,
Harold

Old 05-04-2014, 11:37 AM
D_gyver
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rivercityslim
I bought a Wood carb a couple of years ago. You're right, it wasn't cheap. But it was perfectly set up and a simple bolt-on. Super smooth, and I haven't had to touch it at all since it was installed. Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned.
like I tell everyone who will listen bob wood sells an excellent product.
his cams and carbs are top notch and customer support is great. when you call with questions or problems 90% of the time you will be talking to bob himself. not some flunky reading a script of the computer screen.

IMHO his stuff is inexpensive for the quality and performance you gain

Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Harold, how it's the leg clearance?
Thanks,
Tom

Old 05-04-2014, 11:40 PM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain
Default Update

Originally Posted by Tee&Vee
Harold, how it's the leg clearance?
Thanks,
Tom
I have forward control pegs mounted & the stock pegs. No problem with the stock pegs, but when I stretch out on the forward pegs , the air cover does get in the way. But I have a plan. The air filter on the right is the one that came with the kit & is 3.250 tall. On on the left I got off flebay & is 2.750 tall. That will give me .500 more clearance. Have holes in shorter filter & had to make a set of shorter stand off's to bolt the filter to the backing plate. I'll have both filter's & hardware at my indy's when we put it on the dyno & tune, hopefully this week. Rode about 60 miles today & did ok, but seems a little sluggish & some popping when I decel, which didn't happen before, but it isn't tuned . Close but not right , yet. Will post up dyno #'s when done.

Ride Safe,
Harold

Quick Reply: Wood's 41.5 CV Carb