EVO All Evo Model Discussion

CV performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Rabbito
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CV performance

I heard about cv performance website awhile ago I haven't heard any review. My question is for 70-100 bucks is it any good. Are the jets correct if I don't know what the previous owner done with the carb. Is it a good starting point here one of the kits. Or is there a better kit out there any help would be great thanks Rodger

http://www.cv-performance.com/harley...um-tuners-kit/

Old 04-24-2014, 08:35 AM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't see where it says what size jets are included. I bought the "Killer Cycle" performance CV carb. I had to tell the guy what, if any upgrades I had done to my bike and he set the carb for that. All I had to do when I received it was turn the idle mixture screw out a bit. If your setup isn't too radical the included jets will probably do the trick. The quality of the parts wouldn't be anything I'd worry about. They look pretty standard to me.

When it comes to drilling holes in the slide I get a little more conservative. I rejetted my wife's old hugger and did everything except drill the slide. It ran just fine and the throttle response was good so, heck, it was an 883, not a top fuel dragster.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are going to pull your carb off, I'd just get a check on all jet sizes, then check out nightrider. I cleaned my cv up using an 88 Sportster needle, i used some 2000 grit paper on the slide to smooth it out ever just so, and I drilled my slide with a 7/64 dill bit. It has ran flawless ever since. The big no no imho is cutting the vacuum spring. This way I know what is in my carb and how to fix it.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Doug S
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

The only thing you really need in that kit are the jets, maybe the gasket and I'd order the needle directly from HD, a sportster needle...

I happen to be ordering jets right now, from 2.50 -4.00/ea, gasket is a dollar and the needle was 4-6 bucks at the dealer.... JP has free shipping... You do the math..

Ds

Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
sno-man
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what is the number on the needle, I have a couple needles in my tool box I might be in luck....thanks

Old 04-24-2014, 11:47 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by sno-man
what is the number on the needle, I have a couple needles in my tool box I might be in luck....thanks
N65C needle.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:36 PM
IBDAGRIZ
Road Master
Received 224 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Rabbito
I heard about cv performance website awhile ago I haven't heard any review. My question is for 70-100 bucks is it any good. Are the jets correct if I don't know what the previous owner done with the carb. Is it a good starting point here one of the kits. Or is there a better kit out there any help would be great thanks Rodger

http://www.cv-performance.com/harley...um-tuners-kit/
The guy is a one man operation if I remember correctly and everything is first rate stuff. I've picked up some parts for my 44 mm I rebuilt and his mix screw is very nice. Add in the o-ring, washer and spring kit with it on sale usually. Pretty quick on delivery too as a rule.

Griz

Old 04-24-2014, 02:42 PM
HarDlife
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the individual pieces I needed from cvp (jets, needle, emulsion tube). The kits have stuff that I (and most guys) don't really need. They have free shipping as well.

BTW, they have a needle the same as the old N65C needle.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 PM
cowboy 51
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CVP parts all made in the USA , not japan or any other country , I've used his kits on a few bikes even MY Daughters sporty ,HD crap is made over seas somewhere , I'll spend the extra few bucks for home land made & support the little guy ,CVP in my book is top notch , I've put his kits in a hop up TC , a sporty well two sportys & my 03 TC ,& have a kit to go in my 94 EVO ,& if needed I'll get more kits for friends or family who needs them , I've Delt with then for some years now & will as long as he's there , that's my 2 cents , call or email him from his site & he'll let you know just what you need for your set up ,

Old 04-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Maxdog2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy 51
CVP parts all made in the USA , not japan or any other country , I've used his kits on a few bikes even MY Daughters sporty ,HD crap is made over seas somewhere , I'll spend the extra few bucks for home land made & support the little guy ,CVP in my book is top notch , I've put his kits in a hop up TC , a sporty well two sportys & my 03 TC ,& have a kit to go in my 94 EVO ,& if needed I'll get more kits for friends or family who needs them , I've Delt with then for some years now & will as long as he's there , that's my 2 cents , call or email him from his site & he'll let you know just what you need for your set up ,
I agree with you 100%.