EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Winter snowball

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:27 PM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh yea, I forgot, some of you may be interested to know that I'm getting 41mpg pretty regularly. Mind you, I'm not riding unless I can do 70+, and 90% of my commute is 80 or so.. I got about 43 before teardown, so, its reasonable to think I may get back close to it after a few thousand miles..

Old 05-18-2014, 07:31 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by HGM
Oh yea, I forgot, some of you may be interested to know that I'm getting 41mpg pretty regularly. Mind you, I'm not riding unless I can do 70+, and 90% of my commute is 80 or so.. I got about 43 before teardown, so, its reasonable to think I may get back close to it after a few thousand miles..
I went from 40 mpg to 35 mpg on my build.

You must have done a better job!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:24 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee⋁12740391
Nice job, especially on the front suspension. I just tried to go the rear speedometer drive route and it simply didn't work. I will try notching my hub. The brakes are on the right side of the springer.
Thanks for this post HGM!
Tom
Not to try and go off topic but I bent the rim on my springer last year and bought a used one off of my indy a while back we thought would fit, it obviously wasnt from a springer because it didnt have a notch for the speedometer tab to sit in,which i didnt realize till much later. was just in there 2 weeks ago to figure out what to do and my indy took a dremel and made a notch in the hub for the tab to sit in, put a little paint on it to keep it from rusting, and it works like a damn!

Hgm nice bike you built!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:55 PM
HGM
Road Warrior

Thanks fella's, I'm pretty happy with it though I'm sure I'm not done.....

As for the mileage, I figure it may be related to my decision to go the less traditional route on the heads. That was my intention anyhow..

Old 05-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
Not to try and go off topic but I bent the rim on my springer last year and bought a used one off of my indy a while back we thought would fit, it obviously wasnt from a springer because it didnt have a notch for the speedometer tab to sit in,which i didnt realize till much later. was just in there 2 weeks ago to figure out what to do and my indy took a dremel and made a notch in the hub for the tab to sit in, put a little paint on it to keep it from rusting, and it works like a damn!

Hgm nice bike you built!
Good idea on the Dremel and the paint. Thanks!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:39 PM
HGM
Road Warrior

Just thought I'd check in, been running up the miles on the bike since assembly and havent spent very much time on the board.. I'm sure some dont mind ..

Anyhow, figured I'd throw a couple of shots up for your pic ****** and brag a bit about how well the bagger has been doing over the last 15k.. Decided to take it to the Key's for Thanksgiving.. Its actually the longest trip I've made on two wheels, but its only halfway there since I need to head back to Atlanta on Friday.. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving. I would have had a heel of a time without your feedback..

Attached Thumbnails Winter snowball-end-of-the-world.jpg   Winter snowball-bahia-honda.jpg   Winter snowball-hogs-breath.jpg  
Old 11-26-2014, 04:44 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,817 Likes on 3,319 Posts
Default Nice job

Good to see a successful revival. I'm sure it goes real well too... good job Man....

Old 11-26-2014, 08:02 PM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

glad to hear she's running so well for ya

Old 11-26-2014, 08:46 PM
HGM
Road Warrior

Thanks guys, it pretty gratifying to take a bike from a basket case to a tourer.. Met a couple vacationing from Holland, asked them to snap the picutre at the bridge and explained the backstory on it.. Nice couple.. The weather had been sketchy in Atlanta, but near perfect here for the last week..

Old 11-27-2014, 11:14 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,688 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by HGM
Thanks guys, it pretty gratifying to take a bike from a basket case to a tourer
This small paragraph is large to yourself and others around you that understand your journey. One note, if you ride thru Ohio, you may want to put some tape over that grin, the Ohio horsefly can do damage on a front tooth plus tastes bad, nice job my friend.

Another winter is coming, let's spend, spend, spend again

Quick Reply: Winter snowball