Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Road Glide Exhaust on Softail (Fat Boy Lo) ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 11:49 PM
dedubya
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide Exhaust on Softail (Fat Boy Lo) ?????

Hey guys, new member here. I have been trying to find out if an exhaust system for a '15 Road Glide will fit a 15 Fat Boy Lo (softail). I found this post int he engine forum, but does not cover any differences in the jugs/heads/exhaust port locations... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...3-b-motor.html

I am looking for a 2-into-1 pipe that is short, prefeence is to have it end around the passenger peg, and prefer a turn out tip. Since I have a FB Lo the chrome will be brighter than my satin chrome, but there is enough black already so I think chrome will have to do as very view make a natural SS finish.

I am interested in the Python Rayzer 2-into-1 system, it is only listed for the touring glides. I have looked at my friends 15 RG and the mounts seem to be in the same location...

Then I found Dirty Bird Concepts site, and they have a similar pipe (too much $$$) though, and they kind of answer my question stating that the pipes made for a R/G will fit SOME softails and to check with dealers. Their exact text (in red on the site):

"If you are purchasing this pipe for your soft tail please check with your Harley Dealer and make sure that the pipe for your bike is the exact same as for a Harley soft tail and this pipe will fit perfectly. We are unable to keep up with all the variations and different models. Once this pipe is purchased we wont take returns so it is best to make sure in advance that way there is no problem."

I am guessing it is the controls pegs/boards that create the model to model issue.

I guess my question is:

Are the 103 A & B similar enough that the pipes for a RG will mate to the Softail engine?

I believe from the DBC's BMF pipe page (http://www.dirtybirdconcepts.com/sho...e-exhaust/164/) they will, but would like to know if anyone has tried/performed the same?

Thanks for any help

I may just end up settling for the Bassani Road Rage short pipes, they are a close second and for the lower cost I have found them for... vs the Rayzer I may go that route.

dw

Old 09-12-2015, 01:06 PM
TX Softail
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dedubya
Hey guys, new member here. I have been trying to find out if an exhaust system for a '15 Road Glide will fit a 15 Fat Boy Lo (softail). I found this post int he engine forum, but does not cover any differences in the jugs/heads/exhaust port locations... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...3-b-motor.html

I am looking for a 2-into-1 pipe that is short, prefeence is to have it end around the passenger peg, and prefer a turn out tip. Since I have a FB Lo the chrome will be brighter than my satin chrome, but there is enough black already so I think chrome will have to do as very view make a natural SS finish.

I am interested in the Python Rayzer 2-into-1 system, it is only listed for the touring glides. I have looked at my friends 15 RG and the mounts seem to be in the same location...

Then I found Dirty Bird Concepts site, and they have a similar pipe (too much $$$) though, and they kind of answer my question stating that the pipes made for a R/G will fit SOME softails and to check with dealers. Their exact text (in red on the site):

"If you are purchasing this pipe for your soft tail please check with your Harley Dealer and make sure that the pipe for your bike is the exact same as for a Harley soft tail and this pipe will fit perfectly. We are unable to keep up with all the variations and different models. Once this pipe is purchased we wont take returns so it is best to make sure in advance that way there is no problem."

I am guessing it is the controls pegs/boards that create the model to model issue.

I guess my question is:

Are the 103 A & B similar enough that the pipes for a RG will mate to the Softail engine?

I believe from the DBC's BMF pipe page (http://www.dirtybirdconcepts.com/sho...e-exhaust/164/) they will, but would like to know if anyone has tried/performed the same?

Thanks for any help

I may just end up settling for the Bassani Road Rage short pipes, they are a close second and for the lower cost I have found them for... vs the Rayzer I may go that route.

dw

dw,

I'm almost in the same boat as you wanting this exhaust in something they say nor or may not fit.
From what my dealer says the pipes will be the same coming out of the head. It's will be foot controls/running boards maybe and for sure the exhaust hanger that may have to be moved or modified. I'm wanting to use this exhaust on an older touring bike. I'm going to try this very soon and I'll be sure to start a new thread and post pictures. If it doesn't work ill post up also and start a for sale thread for the exhaust lol

Keep us posted what you find out.
Kyle.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:59 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

The exhaust ports and studs on the heads are all the same but 95 times out of 100, a system that is made to mount to a Touring platform will not fit the Softail or Dyna platform and vice versa with out a whole lot of modifications concerning clearance issues and the mounting points. Buy an exhaust that you know will fit and be done with it.