Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

RB Racing vs Area 51... 2:1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 10:52 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,813 Likes on 3,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
One other exhaust I was looking at before, was the Rush Wrath-3, it's a 2:1 stepped header, ceramic coated. Would that be too much for my motor?

http://rushracingproducts.com/wrath.html
I know rush makes great slip ons, a lot of people use them. Not sure about they're complete 3 step pipes, never seen or used them and don't know anyone that does.. They do say that they are for big motors with 10.5:1 comp. If your running stock heads you wont be flowing the amount of cfm that those pipes like. The good thing you got going for you is that they guarantee them to be most powerful. To get a refund but then you're gonna have to comply to their rules and prove it. be weary. They look good and I'm sure they sound good. Look around maybe you can get them for a little less but I still think they will have that low rpm dip.....

Even though I have both manufacturers my builder still suggested #1 SuperTrapp or #2 ThunderHeader. My builder is Scott Palmer. not trying to confuse you but you don't have a build to need the RB pipe. It's a high numbers high flowing pipe. The Supertrapp can be adjusted to any build. I still feel good about the Bassani though...

Old 12-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
I know rush makes great slip ons, a lot of people use them. Not sure about they're complete 3 step pipes, never seen or used them and don't know anyone that does.. They do say that they are for big motors with 10.5:1 comp. If your running stock heads you wont be flowing the amount of cfm that those pipes like. The good thing you got going for you is that they guarantee them to be most powerful. To get a refund but then you're gonna have to comply to their rules and prove it. be weary. They look good and I'm sure they sound good. Look around maybe you can get them for a little less but I still think they will have that low rpm dip.....

Even though I have both manufacturers my builder still suggested #1 SuperTrapp or #2 ThunderHeader. My builder is Scott Palmer. not trying to confuse you but you don't have a build to need the RB pipe. It's a high numbers high flowing pipe. The Supertrapp can be adjusted to any build. I still feel good about the Bassani though...
I don't think the Supertrapp will be loud enough. Not crazy about the TH, heard there are some quality issues.
Rush also makes a standard, non-stepped, 2:1. Maybe the Dragula 2? I heard that is a good pipe.
We are talking about 2:1s, right?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:12 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,813 Likes on 3,316 Posts

Yes, 2-1's.....

Old 12-03-2015, 12:30 PM
SnakeRiverDruid
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used RB Racing LSR pipes on my last two bikes. For me they're the right balance of noise. Not too much at an idle but when I wanna make some noise to get someone's attention, I get it right now.

The biggest problem with RB is the wait since they build to order. It can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to get it. I would agree with 98hotrodfatboy's builder that you dont need to a build a monster to warrant that pipe but it also seems the more you work that pipe, the better it performs.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:53 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

I have an RB Blackhole,great pipe. Some fiolks feel it is too quiet,others feel the LSR is too loud. If you want a good performing pipe with some sound, look at the Blackhole Spyder. 4 finishes,great build quality. Make. Sure you go with th 1 3/4 primaries, figure 6-7 weeks to get it. It's worth waiting for.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

I'm curious about the Freedom Performance 2:1. Wondering if the stepped header is too much for a 98 CI with 10:1 comp and 37G cams. Originally considering the Rush 2:1 since it's ceramic coated. Wonder how these two would compare in sound.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:27 AM
silvrbill
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Hard to go wrong with the RB LSR 2-1.
Face it.......if you're looking to make a really quick pass you're going to drop a gear or two anyway and that's when the RB will show its' muscles.
Plus the 45 degree turnout is a car alarms worst nightmare......