Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Vance and Hines Competition 2-into-1

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:58 PM
MisterPanhead
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Lot of deer in my neck of the woods, had a buddy collect a doe with his loud pipe equipped bike. No lane splitting allowed where I live, not to say it doesn't take place. I've done it a couple times and almost got taken out because one of the other drivers didn't like it and moved over pushing me towards the other vehicle.

I always enjoy a good debate, the loud pipes save lives has always been a good one. The unfortunate truth is, sooner or later those who want to make all the noise will get all the negative attention. A good many of the citizens in a town, don't care for the racket. I've seen the sour faces some of those folks make when subjected to excessive noise. All it does is **** them off and have them beating on their elected officials about getting more laws into place.

Theres no lane splitting allowed where I am and I don't care
what people say about my exhaust. My DILLIGAF patch says it all when literally anyone who doesn't like Harleys complains about their ears bleeding. I saw an elderly Asian lady walking and she had to cover her ears when I went by, I couldn't stop LAUGHING. Ive lane split cops and gotten pulled over, and I continue to do it........at my own skill level of riding. I know when I have time and space and have had people almost hit me accidentaly and on purpose, and if that I follow them until they stop. And with the deer, you have to be cautious, loud or not, I don't go riding 60 down these country backroads at midnight. I go slow, where I feel comfortable in whatever situation I might be in. And then with the citizens of my town complaining to the Authorities goes my Anarchist views, they can make their laws....just to get them broken like they already are. My pipes are NOT street legal and I don't hide it. I don't mean to sound like a ***** but that's how I feel. I never do something without thinking when it comes to riding, whether splitting lanes or riding backroads at night with deer and other things. I literally watch for individual leaves when its the time