Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Exhaust System Topics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by: Samson Exhaust

P

Old 08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Default Quick-connect fuel fitting o-ring

I’m wanting to replace the o-ring inside the quick-connect fuel supply fitting on my 2000 FLHTCI. H-D only sells the entire fitting including the supply tube which would require removing the tank to install. It seems like I should be able to simply replace the o-ring since that is the only part that is broken. I’ve managed to remove the o-ring but now I need to find out where to go to buy an o-ring rated for a high-pressure fuel line. NAPA has o-rings but none that are rated for contact with fuel. I'm told that an o-ring made of Viton will work.
Has anyone replaced just this o-ring before? Can you tell me where to buy an o-ring and hopefully can tell me what size this particular o-ring is? This seems like it should be a simple repair that I would find described in detail on the internet but there’s very little discussion about it. Is everyone with a leaky fitting really forking over $$ to H-D and tearing their bike apart to replace the entire fitting when all that is needed is an inexpensive o-ring that is easily accessible?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Quick-connect fuel fitting o-ring

Guy...I did the leg work for you.

If you have a local shop that orders from Drag Specialties, have him check this part number for you.

DS-174988
For 95-01 FLT, FLHT, FLHR fuel-injected models; repl. OEM #17043-95
$12.95

This is a complete kit. You can look through the Drag catalog and find just the o-ring.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-21-2007, 10:16 AM

Sweet! This isEXACTLY the type of info.I was looking for! I was able to get part #'s for the o-ring paks: DS-173482 is for the 95-01 FLT Upper Fuel Fitting O-rings which I think s/b located between the fitting and the tank (this was before they went to a plastic washer in 02) and DS-173503 is for the 95-01 FLT Center Fuel Fitting O-ring which s/b the one I need that fits in the upper portion of the chrome quick-connect fitting.

I was running into dead-end after dead-end researching this locally. I only live 2 mi. from the local H-D dealer and they are a DS dealer so they can actually order these for me. Thanks again!

ps. I post another reply to this thread with the results of whether or not this works for me.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Outstanding HDF Member
HoGRiDA

I replaced the o-ring in my disconnect 3000 miles ago with a o-ring from Lowes, no problems. I think it cost $1.50 for a box of ten.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Senior Rider
Send a message via Yahoo to jrstar

Did you have to drain the tank and pull the valve out of the tank to replace the o-ring? If not, can you tell me exactly what you did?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 PM

P

Tags
check, connect, davidson, fitting, fuel, gas, harley, hd, injection, kit, oring, quick, replace, sizes, tank