Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Bassani Road Rage 2-1 or D and D Fat Cat ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 10:18 AM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by rcsoftail
Sedeluxe, thanks for your perspective. I do know both Randy and Reggie, but do not know Scott other than posts of his I've seen on these boards. Like you, I do not have a dog in the fight either.
Guys,
I want to clear my side of the street off. I don't know anyone one on this forum personally. I do not know anything about any fight that you are talking about either. I'm not interested in talking to anyone in private or in public about any fight. I'm just one person that reads and learns things on the internet to help me make good solid decisions with anything. When I'm wrong, I will admit it. I have done that, as you guys have seen, if you bothered to read all of my responses on this thread. Of course, none of you know me, so you could think of me as a spy. LMAO I am the producer!

Old 12-06-2009, 12:39 PM
SYCOSTEVE
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
I'm calling BS on this. The only damn reason that is reccomended is that it is the only pipe on the market that kinda/sorta fits around that cam cover of theirs.
Have you ever tuned a bike on a dyno?? We all that answer. These folks don't want to hear the "he said, she said" $hit. The 2 top pipes on the market today are a Supertrapp, or D&D. Period, case closed. Check with the reputable tuners, nationwide, before you dump that false info on 'em. Stop feeding these people that dictated mantra.
I,m gunna have to call BS on your Bs!! I,m running a D&D borzilla and my bagger with My R&R two piece cam plates with no problems at all! Exactly how many of these combos have you fit up?? Enough vendor bashing !

Old 12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
06roadglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by SYCOSTEVE
I,m gunna have to call BS on your Bs!! I,m running a D&D borzilla and my bagger with My R&R two piece cam plates with no problems at all! Exactly how many of these combos have you fit up?? Enough vendor bashing !
Then you must have special ordered it or your not running heat shields.

Randy's exact words to me was that a fatcat may or may not fit with a R&R camplate. I've read several times before that plate didn't clear that pipe. One was your little buddy TAB. So the consensus says it doesn't fit.

Press on

Old 12-06-2009, 02:06 PM
SYCOSTEVE
2nd Gear

Nope no special order,Yes i,m running my heat shields.Tab was running a differant port configureation so yes his was custom built.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by SYCOSTEVE
Look pal, I do not harrass or chastise you, and never have on any board. I would expect the same from you. I'd hate to think that someone is using you, to speak for them. Quite enough from you as well. As far as the pipe fit, you lucked out, but Capt. Vic didn't!!

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 PM
SYCOSTEVE
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
Look pal, I do not harrass or chastise you, and never have on any board. I would expect the same from you. I'd hate to think that someone is using you, to speak for them. Quite enough from you as well. As far as the pipe fit, you lucked out, but Capt. Vic didn't!!
Just replieing to your Quote.. Not tryin to harrass or chastise you either! Just trying to show that there are two sides to every story.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:43 PM
SYCOSTEVE
2nd Gear

Here is a shot of a D&D borzilla on my bike(with a R&R 2 piece cam plate with heat shields)

Attached Thumbnails Bassani Road Rage 2-1 or D and D Fat Cat ?-d-and-d.jpg  
Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 PM
un3asyrider
Road Captain

blubblublubblubblubblub