Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Bassani road rage 4 stbob

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Treasure
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani road rage 4 stbob

Thinking of switching rinehart 2-1 for road rage 2-1....Question.....cans someone tell me if they are having problems dragging it on the pavement thru the corners......on my 06stbob I running the 11" progressives which drops me about an inch and have had on problems dragging anything but the peg bottoms.....really want the road rage but don't want dragging issues.......help from anyone would be great..Thanks in advance

Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Bassani road rage 4 stbob

I drag mine on my Dyna Sport quite often.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 PM
darkdyna06
Tourer

I had the short Bassani on mine for a couple months, I would skip it. I switched to it from a python 2-1, and liked the sound, but the bike did not run as well with the bassani. I switchet to a Thunderheader and am very happy with it now, and I hear the Fat Cat is even better.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Treasure
Advanced

Thanks guys for the reply.....here is a couple intersting things......

(1) there is a forum memeber on here that wrote me and told me he is sick of his thunder header on is 06 110cubic in stbob because....he purposely re-rounted the front header pipe for more clearanceand has just still continued to drag the **** out of it every weekend....plus his builder told him dyno number could be negatively affected if you are at or over 98 cubs with the Thunder header....dunno

(2) Steve at GMR did my 98 stage II and happens to sell both the Fat cat and the bassani and he is moving me toward the bassani because he said I'll have less chance of hitting the pipe in the corners with the bassani....dunno

lastly does anyone know if the header pipe for the fat cat or the bassani are any bigger than my rinehart???? I know that there is most likely a difference in the step up diameter size....and I do know that both are closer to equal lenght header pipes compared to my rinehart.

just don't want to end up with a black pipe that doesn't grab me any more performance and throws sparks in every corner

Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Bassani to the fat cat are about the same as far as performance goes. The fat cat sits a bit lower due to the size of the muffler. Sound wise the bassani is not as loud as the fat cat with the quite baffle. In the end both are great pipes , some like the look of one over the other. The t-headers tend to be harder to tune and they do not work as well on the larger inch engines. I wish they would build a big bore pipe and heard that they might but have not seen it yet. I have tons of customers with both kinds of pipes. I think that looks is the biggest thing on which pipe they get.