Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

New Bassani's on a 2010 stock 48

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Forty8
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bassani's on a 2010 stock 48

Hey all, just got my new Bassani Fire Sweeps and was wondering if there's any harm mounting these on my stock 2010' 48? The stealership wants me to bring it in to tune it but I see a lot of people doing this and not having to bring it in after mounting them? I understand that messing around with the Air intake can have a big affect on the Air/Fuel mixture and should be re-mapped but just adding the pipes...will that be as a big of a difference? So much I should bring it in to the stealership to have it tuned? Thanks in advance everyone and happy Memorial Day in honor to all of our fallen brothers and sisters that helped keep this country safe for all of us.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:17 AM
scarpetta
Tourer

I drilled out my baffles and did not have it tuned and know one other guy who has done the same with ought any trouble at all. In addition I know a handful of people who have added pipes with ought a tune and had no problems. I am not a mechanic but its my opinion that as long as the A/C isn't changed out no tune is needed (no more air in = no more air out).

That being said the only thing that I do suggest is to record audio of the sound before and after so we can all hear how badass it sounds in comparison to the other pipe options! last but not least I give you credit for going a different route the the V&H SS's

Old 06-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Forty8
Stage III

Thanks for the reply scarpetta. I just got the new pipes on (about 30 mins ago) and they sound frikken great! There is a small issue though and I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer? I'm thinking its a small exhaust leak but here goes.....After I start the bike and let it warm up for about 30 seconds blue smoke starts to come out from the rear cylinder manifold? I havent ridden it anywhere yet fearing that something is very very wrong? The bike only has 500 miles on it and I did replace the gaskets with new ones. I'm waiting for the pipes to cool off before I reseat the pipe to the manifold. Is there anything else it could be?

UPDATE: IT WAS TOO MUCH ANTI-SEIZING COMPOUND ON THE 02 SENSOR!!!! LOL!! IT TOOK ABOUT 10 MINS TO BURN OFF. ALL IS GOOD!

Last edited by Forty8; 06-06-2010 at 05:53 PM.