Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

SE Adjustable Pushrod Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts
Default SE Adjustable Pushrod Install

I remember back at the end of 10 when I put my cams in and installed SE adjustable pushrods, I was instructed to do both exhaust pushrods at the same time, then both intake at the same time.

I'm replacing those with new one's now and the instructions state to bring both front cylinder tappets to their lowest point, install and adust, let bleed down, then move to rear cylinder and do the same.

For the world of me what I can't remember is why I was told to do it the other way in the first place. And it (the isntructions from HD) seems a little off "kilter" because on the front cylinder, when the exhaust tappet is at it's lowest point then the intake on the front cylinder is not at it's lowest point.

Can someone help me out here?

Ultra

Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,499 Posts

There are several different ways to ajdust pushrods but they all have a common basis; the pushrods cannot be adjusted properly if the lifter is not squarely on the heel of the cam lobe. The best way to insure that the lifter is on the heel of the cam lobe is to position the cylinder at TDC, on the compression stroke, thus assuring that both valves are fully closed. At this point, both lifters on that cylinder will be at the lowest position. Adjust, let bleed down until both pushrods can be rotated between your fingers and move to next cylinder. Follow the instructions that came with the pushrods.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

thanks... just needed someone to get my dead brain jump-started...