Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

2013 FLHTCU Exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Ron.R
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 FLHTCU Exhaust system

Ok! I have a 2013 Electra glide ultra classic. It's got a stage 1 kit. (V&V power duals, with V&V twin slash tail, with a heavy breather intake, and a screaming eagle tuner) and tuned. My question is, Can I pull the baffles out the twin slash slip on's that are on it and re-tune it, without problems? The dealer say's no because the 103ci needs the back presser and it could damage engine internals. I call B.S because the power duals are an X-pipe so it is essentially a 2-1-2 system, creating there back presser. I feel as long as it stick it on the dyno I should be ok.

YES! OR NO!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.R
Ok! I have a 2013 Electra glide ultra classic. It's got a stage 1 kit. (V&V power duals, with V&V twin slash tail, with a heavy breather intake, and a screaming eagle tuner) and tuned. My question is, Can I pull the baffles out the twin slash slip on's that are on it and re-tune it, without problems? The dealer say's no because the 103ci needs the back presser and it could damage engine internals. I call B.S because the power duals are an X-pipe so it is essentially a 2-1-2 system, creating there back presser. I feel as long as it stick it on the dyno I should be ok.

YES! OR NO!
How do you know you already have too much or not enough back pressure? Pulling the baffles with a proper tune will NOT do any damage to engine internals, if you reduce the back pressure too much you may be sorely disappointed at the loss of low end torque and possibly overall performance. As far as the head pipe creating back pressure, it ain't happening, the back pressure will come largely by the mufflers. If they leave the system in closed loop the potential for bad a bad signal to the oxygen sensors is very likely with an open system due to reversion.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:38 AM
Ron.R
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Thx for the info. actually i was extremely impressed from the overall performance of the bike without the baffles. I can tell its running much richer then before though.
Do you think a new tune would help out or just look for a different system in all?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 AM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.R
Hey Thx for the info. actually i was extremely impressed from the overall performance of the bike without the baffles. I can tell its running much richer then before though.
Do you think a new tune would help out or just look for a different system in all?
The V&H power dual setup is one of the best headpipes out there and it has proven itself over and over on my dyno. Just get the right slip on mufflers and it is a system that is tough to beat.