Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Ultima 58mm Inverted Forks

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 04:40 AM
06 NiteTrain
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultima 58mm Inverted Forks

I just mounted this frontend on my Train and really like it. It has the built in 5* rake and it rides with no problems. One thing I need to do though is lower it 2". Will the springs that are in my old stock frontend work ?? The top ( Sliders ) are 58mm but the lower tube are still 41mm, so I'm thinking the the lowering kit I have in my stock fork should work, right?? or is there more to it than what I'm seeing. I haven't pulled the inverted forks apart yet, a little worried because I have no idea of internals of the inverted works, fluild level and all the other goodies that are in there. Has anyone got any good ideas on this frontends?? I called Midwest and Ultima and if your not one of there dealers they really don't want to talk with you, Jack Asses.

Thanks for the Help
Tim

Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Gigawitz
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same front end and also needed to lower it. I have a tech manual in pdf form for this front end, Tried attach it to this post but it was too large. I can email it to you if you like. I can't remember the measurements of the springs but my stock ones from the old front end were too long. The diameter was correct so I took them to my local indy shop and had them find me some springs that were 1.75" shorter. Wish I took notes on the model of spring that fit, I know they were from a 41mm front end. Hope this helps...

Old 12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
06 NiteTrain
2nd Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gigawitz
I have the same front end and also needed to lower it. I have a tech manual in pdf form for this front end, Tried attach it to this post but it was too large. I can email it to you if you like. I can't remember the measurements of the springs but my stock ones from the old front end were too long. The diameter was correct so I took them to my local indy shop and had them find me some springs that were 1.75" shorter. Wish I took notes on the model of spring that fit, I know they were from a 41mm front end. Hope this helps...
Thanks for the reply, if you can email me the manual that would rock. I will send you my email address. Did you have any issue with your brake caliper?? I got the ultima plus caliper and the damn thing is leaking, I called Jireh Cycle and there sending me a rebuild kit for free to see if that will fix it, if not I will have to send it to them and get another shipped and that takes a couple weeks with me being stationed over seas. I do like the frontend though. Thanks again.

Tim

Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 PM
TelecomJunkee
1st Gear
Question

Originally Posted by Gigawitz
I also have a 58mm inverted Ultima front end and have been doing a wide glide conversion on my FXDL this winter. I cannot find any info on the front end and there is 0 customer support for these. Could you PLEASE send me the tech manual PDF you have? It would be highly appreciated!!! I'll get some more pics uploaded as I get more things completed. Many thanks!
chris.altman@yahoo.com

Old 06-21-2009, 11:05 AM
draza1
Stage IV

I have a brakedown file on these forks , email me at j262308@yahoo.com
look guys, the 58mm Ulitma forks r nice to look at an r cheap, thats the key word , CHEAP,
I have had nothing but problems with the brake side fork leaking after rebuildin them 4 times,
Ulitima needs to make the inner tube 2" longer to support the lower seal. they wont do it .
so I got a set of Marzzchi 58mm inverted forks , I have 15000 miles on them an No problems at all.
so check them out, yes they cost more , 1400 to 2400 usd , but u get what u pay for ,,,
so if any one wants to buy my Ulitma forks for 150 plus shippin , here u go ... ty draza1 by

Last edited by draza1; 08-05-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: more info
Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 PM
87FXST
Stage I
Default 58mm ultima

looking for some help, I have installed the 58mm inverted, 5 degree rake, 2 over, blind tree ultima forks. There seems to be allot of flex when appling the break and it pulls to the right. How do you change the fluid in the forks and correct the flex and pulling when appling the break?

Old 09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
WVNightrain Rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the chance you Ultima 58 guys can post some pictures for us that are considering the change over?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 PM
nomaden1
6th Gear

does anyone have install instructions? I am doing install on my 02 lowrider.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:29 PM
WVNightrain Rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WVNightrain Rider
What is the chance you Ultima 58 guys can post some pictures for us that are considering the change over?
OK sure i will post some pics:

Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 AM
draza1
Stage IV

nice lookin , but saddy u will get a leak from the brake side lower seal,
this front end is great lookin but that only it the 41mm inner tube is too short and will blow the lower seal out the brake side, I have work on mind 3 times, now I replaced the front end with a 58mm inverted marzzuchi
regency front , 10 times better ride with fork damppers on the top of forks
, u can find them for 700.00 to 1200.00 $ , if u look .
Im tryin to come up with a way to fix the other fork promblem...
sorry about the news,,, draza1 by

Quick Reply: Ultima 58mm Inverted Forks