Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

Target Tune installation pics & info for Dynojet Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 01:49 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts
Default Target Tune installation pics & info for Dynojet Power Vision

Here is some useful information for those looking to install the new Target Tune kit on their Dynojet Power Vision equipped bike. Target Tune allows for full time closed loop fuel corrections over the entire calibration (not just the cruise range & light load areas like stock) by incorporating Bosch wideband O2 sensors into the Delphi ECM along with key changes to the calibration. TT allows users to target the AFR's of their choice without the limitations of the factory O2 sensors which can only sample within a limited range.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-199126
Key Features:
Allows the factory ECM to interpret and use wideband O2 sensor signals*
User defined AFR/Lambda targets over a broad range
Target fuel table from PV calibration is achieved in real time
Retains OEM closed loop, adaptive fuel control strategy
Learns and uses VE table corrections as you ride
Target Tune enhanced Auto Tune app on PV device
Does NOT interfere with dealer diagnostic / service tools
Direct plug in OEM style connectors connect to factory O2 harness
Model specific applications for Harley Davidson closed loop models
Available as upgrade kit without O2 sensors for owners of Auto Tune Pro
Fits 2006 and newer Harley Davidson motorcycles**

The first thing to note is that Target Tune equipped bikes require a Target Tune-enabled calibration, to request a new TT-enabled map you can email Fuel Moto at targettune@fuelmotousa.com or if you purchased your unit elsewhere you can request your map from targettune@dynojet.com. For a new map we will need the year/model of your bike as well as all of the modifications you have made, or if you currently have have a map you would like converted to be TT-enabled you can email that and it will be converted. *IMPORTANT* Target Tune requires your Power Vision be updated to the latest Firmware, (2.0.19-1506 or later) and Tune Database (0.0.9.33 or later), and the latest WinPv softare must be installed (2.0.8.1500 or later). If you have earlier version of either of these items Target Tune will not work, if you open a Target Tune enabled map in earlier software it will disable the Target Tune settings, so... just make sure everything is updated before you get started

To get started make sure all the updates are current using the PV update client, load your Target Tune-enabled map and flash your ECM. Make sure you reset learned fuel trims when prompted. The bike in this example is a 2015 Street Glide however the following basics apply to all models. There are specific instructions & diagrams for each model in the Target Tune manual.

Install front & rear wideband O2 sensors. *Note* Bosch wideband O2 sensors are 18mm and will require the appropriate bung, many models including the 2010-newer FLH uses a 12mm sensor. These applications require an exhaust with 18mm bungs to accept the new sensors, the other alternative is to weld in the bungs in the appropriate location (weld in bungs are included with all TT kits)

wire in the O2 sensor leads to the Target Tune wideband controller, note each wire is color coded and is pre-soldered. A good tip is to use a paperclip to pierce the membrane before you push the wire in.

unplug the factory O2 sensors and plug in sensor harness from the Target Tune box. If you have exhaust with both 18mm & 12mm sensor bungs you can leave the factory sensors installed, however you can also remove them and plug the bung. If you need a plug it is 12mm X 1.25 thread.

Unplug your Power Vision from the dataport and plug in the included Y-splitter, you will now have the ability to plug in your Power Vision and Target Tune at the same time.

You will run the Y-splitter under the seat and you can tuck the wires in by the ECM

Mount Target Tune on top of ECM, you can now plug in wideband O2 sensors to the Target Tune box

The Target Tune hardware is now installed. We recommend starting the bike and making sure the O2's are reading thru the ECM with your Power Vision. There are new gauge channels for use with Target Tune for allow you to monitor live AFR/Lambda directly off the ECM's databus. To configure these gauges you will go to the Vehicle channel list and select WBO2 Front & Rear AFR or Lambda as shown below (engine not running in this example) *IMPORTANT* because Target Tune reads the wideband O2 sensors directly thru the ECM it does not require a CAN to Power Vision connection. Target Tune does not require a CAN cable or CAN termination plug like the Dynojet AT-110/120 kits.

There is also a new Auto Tune mode on the Power Vision called Target Tune Auto Tune (TT-AT) which is similar to AT-Pro, however TT-AT is enhanced to Target Tune use, it uses the actual AFR targets in your calibration rather than setting the AF table to 13.0 like AT-Pro. *IMPORTANT* you cannot use the AT-Basic or AT-Pro applications with a Target Tune equipped bike.

*ALSO NOTE* your Power Vision unit does not need to be installed on the bike when running Target Tune. The only time it needs to be on the bike is when using the Target Tune-Auto tune application, or if you want to display or log data.
If anyone has any questions they are welcome to contact us, or visit www.fuelmotousa.com for more info

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 08-27-2015 at 01:56 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
sourwop (05-09-2023), Sparkybob477 (01-02-2017), techbill (02-12-2017)
Old 08-29-2015, 03:37 PM
mrtris
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Jamie,

I would have cleaned the bike up. If I would have know you where going to take pictures of my install.

The bike is running great and the pipe sounding better every day

Thanks again Chris Andrews

Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you route the front and back O2 sensors cables? I am in the middle of this and see no mention of how to route it.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer

There looks to be a blue two wire cable plugged into a port on your target tune module on top of the ecm. What is that and do I need it? It did not come with my TT.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer

well I would still like answers to the above, but not one to linger, I Gerry rigged it, buttoned it up, downloaded Jamies TT map, turned the key and ran up the freeway. Pleasant surprise. It started, it ran, it was working fine. while doing about 80 Dropped from 100) I got off the freeway and had an engine code light come on thee dash and then went away. Pulled into my dealer, checked for codes and front and back wide band o2 sensors showed open for a moment. I presume that was target tune recalibrating on the fly. Cleared the code and drove home with a fuel stop on the way. No more codes when I shut it down in my garage. I will ride again tomorrow for some city driving. I am taking off Friday for a 3 day 1000 mile mountain ride into northern Utah to see fall colors. Next month I will dyno the bike. The bike seems to run really well so far. now I will look at the last hours AFR tables the TT regulated.

Update--- today I found my firmware was not up to date. did that today and did another test run and no codes. Ran good. Can we edit the lamda table like in auto tune pro? I'm still a 14.2 in my riding range. I haven't seen any updated tables yet.

Last edited by Tripleshot; 09-22-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:59 PM
D W K
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I know this is an older post but I have some questions. I am new to tuners and auto / Target tune. Jamie loaded a Target map in my bike and I have selected the Target tune auto tune from the menu. Do I need the PC hooked up for a while for it to auto tune or simply select it and run without the display? I currently have it off and in the bag but can mount it for a while if I need to.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:36 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

checkin this out

Old 11-30-2015, 04:27 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

So, maybe this has already been asked, but here it goes. For those of us that already have Power Visions with Auto Tune Pro kit, is the only difference the module? Everything looks the same except for the target tune module. Does fuel moto or Dynojet have a program for Autotune Pro owners to upgrade?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Nevermind, Just found the answer to my own question on dynojets website. Yes there is an upgrade kit available.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:39 PM
UnaHarlista
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad I found this.
I just emailed Fuel Moto asking about the Target Tune versus the AutoTune Pro.
My thoughts of getting an AutoTune Pro just went out the door!

Quick Reply: Target Tune installation pics & info for Dynojet Power Vision