Notices
Gear and Other Items For Sale Helmets, gloves, leathers, etc. and any non-motorcycle related ads. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Hunting Land; 46+- acres w/1/2 mile stream

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hunting Land; 46+- acres w/1/2 mile stream

Times have hit hard and I find that something has to go, so this goes before the Harley.

46+- acres of Prime Southern NJ deer and turkey hunting. There is approximately 1/2 mile of stream that dissects this property. State Game Lands border it on 2 sides. Some upland but mostly bottomland. I've hunted this land and area since I was a kid and it always produces. Limited access and Pinelands restricted but its for hunting only anyway. ATV path along 1 side. Oaks, pine and maple make up the majority. Gloucester County, NJ
A very rare opportunity. Really sorry to see it go.

$114,500, bottom line

Old 12-03-2008, 09:51 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

that is less than 2500 an acre. good deal. lets see some of the monsters you harvested out there?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior

Me, the camera and downloading/uploading; thats like asking Santa to fix the reccession. I have no clue how to do that stuff, I'm over 30.
I haven't hunted the land in the past few years because of a serious hunting accident but I let memebers of my club hunt. This year a big 6 was taken with bow (no brow tines) and shotgun hasn't started yet. Several turkeys taken but no photos. I think the biggest had an 8"+- beard.

Yeah, its a good price for a fantastic and unique piece of Mother Earth.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Horse
Times have hit hard and I find that something has to go, so this goes before the Harley.

46+- acres of Prime Southern NJ deer and turkey hunting. There is approximately 1/2 mile of stream that dissects this property. State Game Lands border it on 2 sides. Some upland but mostly bottomland. I've hunted this land and area since I was a kid and it always produces. Limited access and Pinelands restricted but its for hunting only anyway. ATV path along 1 side. Oaks, pine and maple make up the majority. Gloucester County, NJ
A very rare opportunity. Really sorry to see it go.

$114,500, bottom line
...I really hate to see this happen. Often times it's some unscrupulous a$$ who buys up the land and next thing you know they've sold the lumber off it and turn around and try to re-sell it for the same price...and now the place looks like it got carpet-bombed...and some moron from the city will buy it like that! Then next thing you know, they've got every tree within sight cut down, a huge house built right in the middle of the acreage, and grass planted everywhere and then hire someone to come in and plant a few ornamental trees...and meantime will b*tch and moan that some farmer down the road who's lived there his whole life (going back a couple generations at the very least) is being too loud with his farming equipment!

<sigh>...sorry for the rant, and I'm not ranting at you, Flying Horse, just plain ranting, but I've seen it happen here so many times it just makes me sick to my stomach. I keep telling my friends that if most of the people who live in the country I'm in were forced to live in southern Nevada for three years, when they got back here they'd gatdamn start to take care of the woods and green we have here now. It won't last much longer though. People are selling to the lumber companies thinking they'll make some good bucks, but in the end get very little and now their land is an eyesore and has no wildlife on it anymore also.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior

Fortunately here in NJ, logging is practically unheard of so I doubt it would ever be considered. Government restrictions would also apply to wholesale moon-scaping.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

they did this across from my mom's house, the guy sold the hardwood & softwood (pine) to pay for a HUGE house by the lake, and now he wants $7000 an acre for land that is worth ~1500 an acre.

i wanna buy it, but there's no jobs around there, so it's worthless.
but i would like to keep other folks out of our little valley.
mom owns the back 35 acres (most of what is visible from our house)

good luck.

do you have it on craigslist & Ebay?

Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Risus69
Stage II
Default Hunting Land; 46+- acres w/1/2 mile stream

do you still have the property? If so whats the address and leave me a contact number...Ricecorp@comcast.net

Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Cool

Originally Posted by Risus69
do you still have the property? If so whats the address and leave me a contact number...Ricecorp@comcast.net
1st post and what appears to be a business?? Sounds suspicious to me..

Wana bet he doesn't have a Harley..?? Looks like he just joined to be able to post to you....

Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Juno
Banned

Sickening!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,877 Likes on 8,237 Posts

F@ck Off ya *** hole.