General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikes, Blues & BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 01:16 AM
EX18DELTA
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bikes, Blues & BBQ

Anyone make it down to Fayetteville Arkansas Saturday? The weather was perfect and the bikes were plentiful. Tons of food and drink too.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:09 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Nope.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:51 PM
greengoone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep!!

Old 09-28-2014, 05:34 PM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Headed back home Saturday morning, lots of great riding.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:39 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

I was there. I just wasn't into the vibe. It should really be called rev-limiter fest. I damn near went deaf from every clown running up and down Dickson St revving the sh*t out of whatever bike they were on. Didn't matter - young guy on a Ninja or old guy on a bagger. Lots of the locals (of the non-riding variety) there starting trouble as well. The cops were completely overwhelmed by Saturday and it looked like they just sat back and addressed only the most egregious violations. Somewhere here I feel like I should yell "Get off my lawn!" for effect I guess. However, I really enjoyed Daytona and the 110th in Milwaukee so I really do feel there was something at play that affected the fun for our group. And we did have fun overall. But by Saturday we were over it.

I should also add that we got in some great riding. However, Saturday's ride was sobering as we came across 3 crashes in almost as many hours in the general Jasper area. Local family heard from an EMT friend that worked the weekend and he said that there were more crashes by rallies end than all the previous rallies put together.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:47 PM
heybaylor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 72 Posts

was there thurs came home today(sunday)
Great time , lots of bikes , great riding in northwest Arkansas.
we did around 600 miles in three days . saw a few riders that didn't belong on the twisty roads
noise didn't bother me , but the $6.00 iced tea did ...

Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
dylder
Tourer

Went Wednesday afternoon and got home today. Visited the t-Shirt areas but spent most of the time riding. Know that 2 didn't make it on one nasty corner on 12 outside of Rogers. Saw a guy land in the ditch Friday, but he jumped right up.

Great riding down there. This was our 3rd BB&Q, will be back again

Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
EX18DELTA
Intermediate

$6.00 for an iced tea? Holy crap.....I thought i got jerked for a $4.00 Budwieser

Old 09-28-2014, 08:31 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Wife and I arrived in Bentonville on Wed. and got back home about 4:00 this afternoon.
We also spent all of our time out riding the area, but never made it to Dickson Street.
We did make a stop at Baum stadium, but that was as close as we needed to get. LOL

You did not need to be on Dickson Street to have a good time.
Pig Trail was packed as usual on Saturday.

Beautiful weather the whole time.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:05 PM
greengoone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
I was there. I just wasn't into the vibe. It should really be called rev-limiter fest. I damn near went deaf from every clown running up and down Dickson St revving the sh*t out of whatever bike they were on. Didn't matter - young guy on a Ninja or old guy on a bagger. Lots of the locals (of the non-riding variety) there starting trouble as well. The cops were completely overwhelmed by Saturday and it looked like they just sat back and addressed only the most egregious violations. Somewhere here I feel like I should yell "Get off my lawn!" for effect I guess. However, I really enjoyed Daytona and the 110th in Milwaukee so I really do feel there was something at play that affected the fun for our group. And we did have fun overall. But by Saturday we were over it.

I should also add that we got in some great riding. However, Saturday's ride was sobering as we came across 3 crashes in almost as many hours in the general Jasper area. Local family heard from an EMT friend that worked the weekend and he said that there were more crashes by rallies end than all the previous rallies put together.
My wife saw a young woman holding an infant that looked to be about 3 months old sitting right on the curb of Dickson St. Guess she didn't know how sensitive and easily damaged their hearing is. Weather was unbeatable. Riding was great.

Quick Reply: Bikes, Blues & BBQ