General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need recommendations on where to send my leathers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:46 PM
AAAC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need recommendations on where to send my leathers...

for some custom alterations. I have a Jacket and chaps made by Fox Creek Leathers that I need to have altered. I was about 50 lbs heavier when I ordered these and needless to say, they are loose/baggy on me now. With winter season approaching, I figured I'd try to send them off somewhere to have them altered. I don't really want to send them back to Fox Creek b/c of some customer service and quality issues I had when I first ordered them. I was curious if anyone might have some recommendations on a good place to send them to have them cut down some??? They are nice heavy leathers and I have close to a grand in them...so it's probably worth having them altered instead of trying to sell them and purchase new leathers. I appreciate your feedback.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much everyplace around here that sells leathers will do alterations too. I'm talking about custom leather shops; not off the rack type stores. You have any of those around you? My chaps were tailored to me when I bought them at a specialty shop over by Loveland.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:58 PM
AAAC
Tourer

Originally Posted by Shep68
Pretty much everyplace around here that sells leathers will do alterations too. I'm talking about custom leather shops; not off the rack type stores. You have any of those around you? My chaps were tailored to me when I bought them at a specialty shop over by Loveland.
No...I'm kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Closest big city is Spokane but that's over 2 hrs from here.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer. Seems to me alterations are going to be pretty difficult thru the mail. You kind of need to be there so they can take measurements and check the fit and so on. Maybe time to plan a road trip somewhere you can get it done. I'd start by looking online for any leather shops anywhere in your general region and then making some calls.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,791 Likes on 18,561 Posts

Check with a shoe repair shop ... Old timers use to do that kind of stuff at a fair price and did real good work.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:27 AM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

I wouldn't even think about sending them off somewhere to get them tailored especially after sinking the kind of money you're taling about into the jacket. I buy all of my shoes, gloves, jackets,pants and most every other piece of clothing at a brick and mortar place. The only exception might be a t-shirt. I want to make sure they fit right and I don't want to dick around sending stuff back that isn't. If the alterations you need don't come out right, there isn't any way to get it back where it was. Any dry cleaners in your area? Most of them will offer alterations.

Last edited by monkeyboy22; 11-02-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You're a long day's drive from Langlitz Leathers,in Portland. Call Dave,and ask him if they'll take the job on. It WILL be right,but you're gonna' have to show up and get measured. No other way.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:02 AM
AAAC
Tourer

Originally Posted by Twistnride
You're a long day's drive from Langlitz Leathers,in Portland. Call Dave,and ask him if they'll take the job on. It WILL be right,but you're gonna' have to show up and get measured. No other way.
I appreciate the tip. I've heard some good things about Langlitz here on the forums. It may be worth the trip if I can figure out a reason to get down that way.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Maybe Eagle Leather in Tacoma Wa can help you out.

http://www.eagleleather.com/

Old 11-02-2014, 01:39 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

I have had leathers altered at this place. I used to live about 20 miles away and they do quality work. You will not be disappointed in their workmanship.

http://www.kellysleathers.com/

Quick Reply: Need recommendations on where to send my leathers...