General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-Twin City experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 10:22 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts
Default V-Twin City experience

I recently found a SG online from these guys and took a chance on buying from photos and phone calls. They seem to specialize in low mileage newer models and pricing is real fair with some room to make an offer. All went smooth and the bike was delivered to a tuner I was going to use. Seeing the bike for the first time (not at their business) and without an employee present I noticed the pipe was pretty scrapped up, rear tire almost bald and later had tested the battery (was on the way out). The many pics online didn't give me the perspective that in person obviously does but the sales guy said the tire had 60% left ( uh nope) and said bike was in excellent condition when I asked for info on any and all flaws.

So I brought all this up with my own pics sent to the owner John Brogno and without hesitation he cut me a check for the items I mentioned. I made this thread primarily to thank John for conducting his business fairly with integrity. I encourage not just florida residence but anyone in the country to search their inventory and make a deal with these guys. Any company can seem great when the sale goes perfectly smooth but for me it's how people handle the imperfect transactions that count the most. John's a stand up guy and V-Twin City was interested in making sure I was satisfied until the very end. Thanks.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Warrior 72
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, it sounds like they really took care of you. It's nice to hear that a company did the correct thing. Enjoy the new bike.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:52 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Warrior 72
Wow, it sounds like they really took care of you. It's nice to hear that a company did the correct thing. Enjoy the new bike.
Absolutely right, thanks!

Old 11-07-2014, 09:05 AM
thug23
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well here's another positive review for them... I too somehow stumbled onto them while searching for my dream of buying a HD Street Glide. Living in Boston I'm obviously a long ways away so I had to risk my purchase thru pictures, videos and simple word of mouth to pull the trigger & buy sight unseen. Long story short I bought the bike & they assisted with the delivery to my door & it was probably one of the smoothest transactions I've had in years. My bike was delivered without any problems, scratches or dents and obviously I was thrilled.... So I would highly recommend this company as honest & true professionals in a business that has a lot of shady companies.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:20 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's nice to hear a good experience from a dealer/vendor. Often times, this forum becomes a stomping ground for negative reviews/experiences and can often lead to badgering a business without recourse. Bravo!

Old 11-07-2014, 10:16 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,793 Likes on 6,214 Posts

That's 180 degrees from Chuck's Deluxe in Gillette. He would have charged you more for the "Patina", and extra "road testing" it took to wear that stuff out.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

you're lucky you got some issues resolved...

I just don't like buying sight unseen..

Old 11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oct1949
you're lucky you got some issues resolved...

I just don't like buying sight unseen..
I'm with ya there. You can't replicate the in person advantage. And you can't take a salesman's word for some details. I am lucky the owner made it right and know I'd be SOL at most resale HD shops.