General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caught in the Rain

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:59 PM
sroc3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Caught in the Rain

My first time caught in the rain on the way home from dinner......it actually felt great :-) drove a little more cautious of course but the feeling of the rain pelting you while cruising down the street is awesome! I thought my Bike would get all dirty but not at all. Just gave her a quick wipe around once I got home and bam! Good as new!

Not too sure if I'm going to want to do that again though but at least I know if it ever does happen again it's not the end of the world

......man I love my Harley

Old 12-12-2014, 08:31 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Riding in the rain, was something I worried about with my wife, since this bike was her first experiance. Since we've had it, we've ridden in the rain several times.

On the highway, it doesn't bother me. On city streets, turning...that sucks.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:06 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,233 Likes on 903 Posts

This last Memorial Day i got caught in a rain storm like a cow pissing on a flat rock. On I-35 between Centerville, Texas and Buffalo, Texas. I pulled over under the only overpass between the two towns to wait it out. Traffic slowed to 35 mph. Yeah. Getting caught in the rain is an adventure. That is why we ride.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Renegadewolf
Stellar HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 279 Posts

We were heading back to my home town to ride in the Hot Harley night's parade and we got caught in a downpour. It was my wife's first time riding in the rain and we ended up behind a Semi pulling a flatbed, needless to say it was hitting us in sheet's and we ended up pulling into a gas station to ride out the storm. It was all good though the leathers kept us pretty dry and we were back on the road 45 minutes later.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:26 PM
kirbyblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got caught in the Davy Crockett National Forest in a down pour. Pulled under somebodies drop shed on their out building for 30ish minutes. It was an adventure. I cant say fun.

Centerville is on I45. I was confused for a second

Old 12-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Twincruiser
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Riding in the rain sucks! But it's something we all do from time to time, it's going to happen.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:12 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I must say that I am surprised by the comments about riding in the rain. Never felt I had to take cover in the rain, and I've ridden in all kinds of downpours. Interesting.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:44 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD 96
This last Memorial Day i got caught in a rain storm like a cow pissing on a flat rock. On I-35 between Centerville, Texas and Buffalo, Texas. I pulled over under the only overpass between the two towns to wait it out. Traffic slowed to 35 mph. Yeah. Getting caught in the rain is an adventure. That is why we ride.
I know what you mean. Over 8.5 years ago I got caught in a heavy rain an hour away from home and it was only my second day riding a motorcycle on the streets . That was fun.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

The first time I was caught in the rain was the first time I was on a motorcycle - during my MSF course. Taught me that riding in the rain is as natural as riding on a sunny, cloudless day.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:54 AM
RevZombie
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain, rain and more rain.

Living and riding in the UK, if I didn't ride in the rain I'd never get to ride my bike. I won't lie, I'd prefer a nice sunny day with dry roads but I'll be damned if I let my bike turn into a garage queen because of a little water falling from the sky.

Quick Reply: Caught in the Rain