General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Table Lift,(Side Extensions Yes or No)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 11:30 AM
joejoe75
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Motorcycle Table Lift,(Side Extensions Yes or No)

I'm ready to get a motorcycle lift table but unsure if I should get the side extensions with it or wait & see if i would use them. Anybody have experience with this? THANKS!

Old 12-14-2014, 11:36 AM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you ride up onto the table you'll wish you had them to put your feet down. My table at its lowest is about 7 inches above the garage floor. After spreading your feet wide enough to clear the width of your table; even tippy-toes will have trouble reaching the floor. And all the while you'll be trying to balance your bike. Buy them if the vendor offers them...they'll also add extra room for tools and parts while you're working

Old 12-14-2014, 11:41 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Also a nice place to put tools,parts, and whatever beverage you are drinking while working on bike..They can get in the way thou when doing some work as you will be working over them.I say get them and just take off when not needed....

Old 12-14-2014, 11:57 AM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I had a lift, I rode my bike on and made my side extensions. Trying to push a 900 lb bike on the lift is good if you do it all the time -- but if it decides to tip -- your not saving it. I also sat on the bike to roll it back off the lift and you need side extensions for that also

Old 12-14-2014, 01:12 PM
t.rob99
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would get them, you can also flip over one or both to make nice trays for tools etc. also great for service on lawn mowers, quads, or makes a nice work table when not being used for bike...

Old 12-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

Get them and you will Thank us all later..

Old 12-14-2014, 01:52 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default same

Agree!

I was just thinking only if I had another 10' of garage. My front lift has them on & love them. My back lift, I did some maintenance & miss my front lift (has my Dyna on it). Just do not have the room as I have to park my bike next to it and parts carts are on the other side. I always push my bike on to it as bad things always happen fast and sucks if your feet do not touch. You need them if you ride you bike up. I had to make a oblong 12"X8"X7"h steel box for the kick stand. You must have either one if you work one man on Sundays. Back to work.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:07 PM
drm0
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Extensions YES!!

I bought my with extensions. I leave them on 99.9% of the time. Easier and safer to get your bike on! Plus it's wide enough for my 4 wheeler and mower.
Also the extensions add a nice work area for tools and parts!

drm0

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle Table Lift,(Side Extensions Yes or No)-205.jpg   Motorcycle Table Lift,(Side Extensions Yes or No)-074.jpg  
Old 12-14-2014, 02:38 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by drm0
I bought my with extensions. I leave them on 99.9% of the time. Easier and safer to get your bike on! Plus it's wide enough for my 4 wheeler and mower.
Also the extensions add a nice work area for tools and parts!

drm0
Hey man, how high is that ceiling?

Old 12-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Rickey
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also agree that extensions make a huge difference. I park my bike on my lift. It makes it much easier to get it off for sure. After getting used to driving on I can just ride tight into the block but getting the bike down is not as simple. You have to rock it out of the chock then back it off the lift. Without extensions I would have a problem.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Table Lift,(Side Extensions Yes or No)