General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Master

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 06:52 AM
tafdeluxe
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Tour Master

I thought I started a thread on Tour Master heated gear experiences. Maybe it is the effects of my accident again, or does the moderator delete threads critical of certain companies? Anyone have trouble with their Tour Master products?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:42 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Just checked all of your threads. There's no Tour Master thread started by you in any section including the Super Secret Moderators area where deleted threads go. So no, moderators have not removed your thread. But thanks for the accusation.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:47 AM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Anonymous deleted your thread because they hate that you don't like Tourmaster.

I've had many Tourmaster products with no issues.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:57 AM
rideflhr
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have some outrageously expensive ($129) tourmaster,super duper,winter gloves. If its below 60* my hands freeze. They have zero insulation in the fingers. The worst winter gloves ever and I have a bunch.
The good news is ,if I ever want to dress-up like Batman I already have the gloves.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:51 AM
tafdeluxe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Just checked all of your threads. There's no Tour Master thread started by you in any section including the Super Secret Moderators area where deleted threads go. So no, moderators have not removed your thread. But thanks for the accusation.

I guess it could be interpreted as an accusation, and my apologies for that. I guess what I was wondering if direct criticism of a potential ad buyer was a no-no. I often blame my absent-mindedness on a recent accident as I will do regarding my having thought I started a thread.
Thanks for the replies!!

Old 12-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,791 Likes on 18,561 Posts

"or does the moderator delete threads critical of certain companies?" .. sure sounds like you're cruisin' for a fued !! Izzo wouldn't delete it ( unless it was "copyrighted" )

Old 12-26-2014, 08:22 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I have purchased several items from Tourmaster over the years. Never had an issue.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:33 AM
tafdeluxe
Cruiser

Boy, things sure do get read into posts. Not cruising for anything other than knowledge. I am looking to do exactly opposite of raising anyone's ire. Just had some bad experiences with a product and wondered if others had as well. Thought I started a thread, and obviously didn't. Not the first time I thought I had done something and ...
Merry Christmas!

Old 12-29-2014, 06:16 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,194 Likes on 1,269 Posts

My Tourmaster polar gloves are only good to about 55, just as posted above. I'd avoid them.

I've worn the same Tourmaster jacket for many years on a nearly daily basis and it's held up well. I like it. I also used a pair of overpants in the winter but they didn't hold up quite as well. However; I think the overpants are every bit as good as the Gerbings which I also have. The problem with both is broken leg zippers.

The Tourmaster two piece rain suit works very well and still gets used as needed. I ride in the rain a lot in the summer when you don't know what it's going to do on a hot Alabama afternoon.

I'd say that Tourmaster is a good value for your money. There are many higher quality products out there but the cost is exponentially more. I'd buy Tourmaster again, except for the gloves.

Carl

Old 12-29-2014, 06:45 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Have Tourmaster boots. Love 'em.

Quick Reply: Tour Master