General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Large Motorcycle Store, FL

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Tom_rob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Large Motorcycle Store, FL

I'm new to riding and need to get outfitted... Jacket, boots, etc. I live central east coast of FL, the treasure coast.

I'm more of a try things on in the store guy but am having a problem finding places that are large enough or have much inventory. I drove up to Space Coast Harley, their jacket inventory was kinda a joke, less than 10 leather jackets on hand and none in my size.

Anyone know of any large motorcycle stores or showrooms around the area (Orlando to Fort Lauderdale)? I'm willing to drive 2-3 hours if a place has a large supply of leather, helmets and other stuff.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Tom

Old 12-27-2014, 02:16 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,960 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom_rob
I'm new to riding and need to get outfitted... Jacket, boots, etc. I live central east coast of FL, the treasure coast.

I'm more of a try things on in the store guy but am having a problem finding places that are large enough or have much inventory. I drove up to Space Coast Harley, their jacket inventory was kinda a joke, less than 10 leather jackets on hand and none in my size.

Anyone know of any large motorcycle stores or showrooms around the area (Orlando to Fort Lauderdale)? I'm willing to drive 2-3 hours if a place has a large supply of leather, helmets and other stuff.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Tom
Welcome to the Forum, and to riding.

If you're willing to go just a bit further north, at Destination Daytona there are more motorcycle stores in one place than probably anywhere else in the world.

Take a look at leatherup.com on the internet also. They have a good selection and an easy exchange policy if you get the wrong size.

For top of the line leather, check out Fox Creek Leather online.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Destination Daytona does have several stores, including Daytona H-D, which for the time being, is the largest Harley dealership in the world. If you do decide to purchase H-D clothing there, check out their Outlet Store (separate building), which sometimes has some deals......emphasis on "sometimes". If you find yourself spending a few bucks at J&P Cycles, it might be worth to join their "Gold Club" and get the additional discount. And, if you make the trip on a weekend, stop at Byrd's Custom Leather at the Daytona Flea Market (exit 261) about 12 miles south of Destination Daytona. They are not your typical flea market type vendor. Good stuff, lots of it, & made to fit. IMO, Seminole in Sanford is similar to what you'll find in Palm Bay & Stuart, although a lot of people in the Daytona area buy their bikes there. Orlando is big on t-shirts, not so much on boots & leathers.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Tom_rob
Novice

Excellent info! Thank you.
Daytona isn't too bad, a little under 2 hours. Probably shoot up there today and see what they've got.
Appreciste the help,
Tom

Old 12-27-2014, 08:02 AM
thrapy
Cruiser

If you go north to Daytona stop by Byrds western store hwy 192 & I 95 Melbourne (west side I95 exit 180), Been around over 35 years, lots of boots and other stuff worth a look around also so by wind walkers motorcycle outfitters on us1 oak hill (exit 231 scottsmore go 1mile
East to us1 then north until you get to light in oak hill store on right at light. Cool lil store owner super nice, they have new and used parts, leather, she does patches and other leather work.

Last edited by thrapy; 12-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Rick58
Road Warrior
Received 325 Likes on 208 Posts

Yup as already mentioned Daytona.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:48 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts
Old 12-28-2014, 09:45 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,503 Likes on 1,252 Posts

I like Seminole HD. I get great deals there every year when I go down for bike week. In Sanford, off I4 between Daytona and Orlando.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:36 PM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,417 Likes on 999 Posts

Try Cycle Gear. All over Fla.
Chinese stuff. cheap $$
HD is Chinese stuff with HD trim- expensive $$$

No flame just IMHO

Old 12-28-2014, 12:38 PM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

While in Daytona you can also check out Barney's Leather. It is on Beach street by the Indian Dealer. There is also a couple of decent helmet shops in the same area.

Quick Reply: Looking for Large Motorcycle Store, FL