General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GO PRO placement

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:49 PM
uplandpinter
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default GO PRO placement

Where/how do you have you Gopro mounted?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:07 PM
fffffish
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I Have put mine on my Helmet, handlebars, Crashbars, On top of a 5 foot broom stick that was attached to my backrest and all of them facing in different positions to see what different effect I could get. Put it were ever you want.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:10 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

I find any where BUT the helmet makes for a shakey video that will make you sick to watch.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:34 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Watch YouTube videos, see which mounting point gives you the view you want.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Gnasher
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my gopro on the chin of my full face helmet. definitely the best spot if you use a full face and want the first person view, because you do not have any wind drag.

all you do is stick the curved "stickie" mount on the chin and buy the replacement parts pack. in there use the Vertical Quick Release Buckle to your gopro and there you go.

(not my helmet lol)

Old 01-16-2015, 01:58 AM
Plvs Vltra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the "vented helmet strap" and strap it to my risers. An elbow piece is also used so I can adjust the angle. Random screen giving you an idea of the view.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:38 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Anything mounted to the bike sucks. the best on bike I have been able to come up with is a RAM mount where the mirror riser would normally be on the brake perch of my street glide. I don't wear a helmet often.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:13 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a different HD camera, and have found quite the opposite. I ride a softail, so the bike doesn't vibrate so much as a dyna, so perhaps that's the difference. But on the bike, I get a nice crisp picture, which moves nicely with the bike.

Video from people with helmet-mounted cameras makes me feel sick: Primarily because of the quick over-the-shoulder (so-called "life saver") glances, which swing the whole picture back and forth suddenly, and glances left and right at junctions.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:37 AM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

I've been wanting to pick up the suction cup mount and try it out on the speedometer glass

Old 01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by peg20
...Video from people with helmet-mounted cameras makes me feel sick: Primarily because of the quick over-the-shoulder (so-called "life saver") glances, which swing the whole picture back and forth suddenly, and glances left and right at junctions.
This ^^.

Here's the problem (from the viewer's perspective) with a helmet mounted cam: the video doesn't show the scenery or where the bike is going, it shows where the rider is looking.

And, if you're a safe and skillful rider, you're looking everywhere. Except for when you're going down a boring straight road, in the boonies, where there are zero bushes or trees where deer can come flying out of, you are constantly scanning back and forth, forward, mirrors, left, forward, mirrors, right, forward...

Or, you better be doing that if you intend to live a long time.

I love the videos of bike mounted cams. I can actually feel the leaning into a long sweeping curve, with all those gorgeous mountains in the distance.

Quick Reply: GO PRO placement