General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S Jack Experience.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 02:17 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
Thumbs up J&S Jack Experience.

Due to a recent death in the family I found myself in Manitowoc Wi which is about 40 mi or so from Little Chute Wi where J&S Jack is located. I wanted a couple accessories for my J&S so off to Little Chute I went. After a nice drive through farm country I found myself in the J&S office talking with Kathy. She and husband Steve are the company owners. I also met a staff member (Tanner) who brought me my needed items. These folks are the nicest down to earth people you will ever meet. I have had conversations with both over the phone from time to time as well. They are presently developing a ''dolly'' that will work with the jack to get the bike in the air and rest on the dolly while freeing up the jack for other service work. The dolly is on wheels and has much the same platform as the jack. Once on the dolly the bike can be easily maneuvered around the shop safely. I want one! Almost forgot to mention Buddy the guard dog. Buddy is a Chiwawa (Mexican Dog) that takes no prisoners. By the time we left though he was my friend. It is a pleasure to do business with people such as these that produce such a great American made product for us. This is a first class facility in every way and in my opinion make a product that is second to none. Thank You Steve and Kathy!

Old 05-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Great story. When I bought my jack from J&S I wanted to use a couple Visa Gift cards I'd received, and pay the balance out of my own pocket. Their online ordering system couldn't take multiple cards, so I called them. Whomever it was that answered the phone was able to place my order. In fact, she was even able to get cheaper shipping for me by checking with some of the freight haulers they use. Got my jack a few days later, and as far as I'm concerned, it was money very well spent. Very high quality- US made, small town folksy company. A couple months ago at the Progressive MC show, J&S had a booth, and I was able to purchase the oil deflector directly from them, so I didn't have to pay freight by ordering it online. The people were very friendly. I can't say enough good about this company.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Islander-2015
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My J & S jack just arrived yesterday. I have not opened the box yet, but am looking forward to putting the jack to use. I spoke with Steve when I called to place my order. He was great! He took plenty of time to talk with me about my purchase and even sent me the oil pan adapter at no charge. The jack arrived to me in Maine in only three days. I was very satisfied with the customer service, shipping, etc., and cannot wait to get the jack put together and into service.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts

Thanks for this. I've heard nothing but good feedback about the product itself and its nice to know that there's good people behind it. I've been on the fence about buying one - it'll happen at some point, just a lot of coin right now. Of course, by waiting, I saw that the price has jumped. Ah well. One of these days. Maybe they'll have a sale at some point here and I'll jump on it. Thanks again for the good feedback.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:35 PM
16FXDLI
Tourer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I just got mine a few days ago and I love it. Came to my door in only a couple of days and works flawlessly. One of the best investments I have ever made in tools and equipment.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:36 PM
destination highway
Road Master
Received 1,630 Likes on 438 Posts

nytryder, I was born and raised in Manitowoc. Condolences to you and your family regarding the unfortunate circumstances that brought you here.
Incidentally, I drove to J&S also to pick up my jack and dealt with Steve and Kathy as well. My experience was very similar to yours..all good.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:39 AM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

J&S jack is a must for all owners, great for servicing, modding & detailing. I use mine very frequently

Old 05-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Islander-2015
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wanted to add that my main reason for purchasing the J & S jack was that I have a gravel drive up a grade into my new garage and I got the jack to use as a means of spinning my bike around once I am in the garage so I can pull out instead of backing out. I looked at a bunch of motorcycle dollies that you can drive onto and turn the bike around, but the jack seemed like a better fit for me. I will also be using it to clean my bike, especially the white wall tires. Laying on the ground trying to clean them, roll the bike forward, etc., is a pain in the ***. The jack will save me time cleaning my bike. I agree with one of the posts here that the jack is pricey, but I think it is worth it for the quality and customer service. After thinking about how much I paid for the bike, I decided I needed a good quality jack to go with it.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:17 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

I want a link and 700 dollars, LOL on the money part.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:21 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Love mine. Makes working on, and cleaning the bike a breeze, and is rock solid.

Quick Reply: J&S Jack Experience.