General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indiana , and surrounding states riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Indiana , and surrounding states riders

I didn't ask this time, but in the past Terry told me I could post about The Miracle Ride benefiting Riley Hospital for Children.
This is an Annual Ride, and it takes place the weekend AFTER Memorial Day weekend, and since 1994 we have raised 4.4 million dollars, this benefits children from many surrounding states.
So, come on out take a scenic poker run to Indianapolis on Saturday, and ride in "The Big Ride" on Sunday Ride past Riley Hospital, and take a lap on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, then to Main Street , eat, and then find out if you won, with each $50.00 donation which covers your entry to the poker runs, and big ride,you receive a ticket for a chance on a 2015 Street Glide!
For more INFO http://www.miracleride.net
You see in the media that charities eat up donations with administrative costs WE DO NOT, 3% of sponsor dollars cover the costs, and every penny that riders donate goes to Riley Hospital , and the Children.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member

Our goal for this year is to give $370,000.00 to the Hospital.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I will not be able to ride this year due to many other obligations but I will say the Miracle Ride is my favorite ride. If you can ride by Riley Hospital and have kids with chemo hair loss and tubes hooked up to them - they are smiling and waving at the 7,000 or so bikes that go past - if that doesn't move you, I don't know what will.
If you can't ride, please pledge some support for those that do.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:01 PM
Ilovebeer
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I know this may not be the most popular place to post this, but I won't spend a dime in Indiana until they repeal the right to discriminate bill that was just passed. Get with the 21st century!

Originally Posted by Bill03E
I didn't ask this time, but in the past Terry told me I could post about The Miracle Ride benefiting Riley Hospital for Children.
This is an Annual Ride, and it takes place the weekend AFTER Memorial Day weekend, and since 1994 we have raised 4.4 million dollars, this benefits children from many surrounding states.
So, come on out take a scenic poker run to Indianapolis on Saturday, and ride in "The Big Ride" on Sunday Ride past Riley Hospital, and take a lap on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, then to Main Street , eat, and then find out if you won, with each $50.00 donation which covers your entry to the poker runs, and big ride,you receive a ticket for a chance on a 2015 Street Glide!
For more INFO http://www.miracleride.net
You see in the media that charities eat up donations with administrative costs WE DO NOT, 3% of sponsor dollars cover the costs, and every penny that riders donate goes to Riley Hospital , and the Children.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:25 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Fantastic charity benefit ride! I participated for 13 years running and was at the original founding ride. Wished they did something here in New Mexico.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:49 AM
big-e976
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ilovebeer
I know this may not be the most popular place to post this, but I won't spend a dime in Indiana until they repeal the right to discriminate bill that was just passed. Get with the 21st century!
Currently your state has a similar bill pending. Keep your money up there. Pray your child or grandchild never needs to use Riley's. On 2-11-2012 they removed two tumors from my daughter's brain. They saved her life, i will support that place anytime i can. By the way i was born and raised in Michigan.

Last edited by big-e976; 05-23-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Ilovebeer
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Please understand it is not a knock against you or your daughter, it is not your fault that your state government passed a backwards law. It sucks for me because my in laws live in central Illinois, and I have to time my stops around Indiana. I am also a big college football and used to come to Indianapolis every year for the Big 10 championship game. I know that you say that a similar bill is coming up in Michigan, but the governor (even being republican) won't pass it. I just can't endorse state sanctioned discrimination. Having two daughters of my own, i can't imagine what you are dealing with. I do wish you and your daughter the best, and hope she has kicked it for good.

Originally Posted by big-e976
Currently your state has a similar bill pending. Keep your money up there. Pray your child or grandchild never needs to use Riley's. On 2-11-2012 they removed two tumors from my daughter's brain. They saved her life, i will support that place anytime i can. By the way i was born and raised in Michigan.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member

I can assure you that this law was not wanted by the majority of the people.
I do believe in this hospital , and their work.
2 years ago we even set aside $10k to build a motorcycle only set of parking spaces in their new garage, which is free to park there. I don't know if many people know , but car parking is around $10.00 a day in the IU health lot for a a car , and they had NO motorcycle parking until we did something about it.
We also decide as a committee where the money goes, much of it goes to Child Life services, and research.
As I said I really believe in this charity , and my kids are grown , and healthy.
So many are not, and I feel that I needed to give back.