General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Crossbones ECM failure (Does HD "corportate" exist??)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 PM
ppalmerjr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default delete

please delete

Last edited by ppalmerjr; 07-26-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: delete
Old 07-22-2011, 04:29 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They probably haven't finished your letter yet.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:44 PM
ppalmerjr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brenn
They probably haven't finished your letter yet.
Don't believe this is the case as HD corporate stated that this would of been "settled" by the dealership that did my service. This whole ordeal really has me confused.....

Old 07-22-2011, 06:34 PM
ppalmerjr
Cruiser
Default pretty interesting read

so dealer says PCV caused ECM failure. This link states otherwise....

http://www.midvalleycycles.com/warranty.htm

Old 07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear of your problems but they replaced the ECM for free and you elected to get the Stage 1 download. I dont know what else they expect to do for you and yes the stage 1 download was available last year when you bought the bike. Look up the Magnuson Moss act but again I dont think it will get you anywhere because the dealer did warranty your ECM

Old 07-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Mars1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by my dealer that unless it was made by Harley and they put it on, it will void the warranty. The dealership I use only does the download and/or SERT. I was just in 2 days ago getting brake pads and was talking to them about the 103 upgrade, they had 3 bikes in for repair that had Power Commanders put on. I agree that all Harley dealers don't get along and have learned from the past if you didn't buy it from them, they will try to fix, at their own time.

Last edited by Mars1; 07-23-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:59 PM
len_atwork
Tourer

The wording in the linked page leaves wiggle room for HD... "in most cases...", "unlikely"... I hope they will work with you.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The main problem is you're dealing with Harley Corportate. You need to redirect your inquirey to Harley Corporate. Them corportate people don't know nothing.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 AM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They fixed the bike. Gave you a discount on the stage 1 flash you would have had to pay for anyways if you had gone that route in the first place, and they are working on the PC reimbursement. Quit whining.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 AM
travelsfardoyle
Cruiser
Default What Is the Issue

I'm lost on this one, you went for a ride, you had some good days, you had some bad days, it happens. Me personally, I think the first dealer did a lot for you and you keep going back to them as if they caused the problem or did nothing to help you. They took you right in as a traveler, when you moved out of their area, they passed you on to other (closer) dealers to where you were broke down. Personally, $800 to tow a bike is a tad excessive, you had another vehicle, could have rented a trailer or even a box van for a fraction of that cost and moved the bike in yourself. I don't understand how you can not have the tools needed to remove a seat on the side of the road, it's one bolt, how can anyone be uncomfortable with removing a bolt on a Harley?

I have an '09 Bones, no issues with it ever, but even if the same issues occur, no problem, my insurance covers towing, dealer will assist in getting it back on the road, problem solved. Warranty, no warranty, it's over, done, if the bike has given you 4900 miles of no problems and the first time you have an issue you see the need to harass the dealerships and corporate, maybe you need to look at another more reliable form of transportation for yourself.

I grew up on a '62 Pan/Shovel and was left many a time on the side of the road with issues I couldn't resolve, you know what, I'm still riding, and always got the help needed, most of the time over and above what was expected. Always met some decent people while waiting on the repairs so to me, it's part of the experience.

You ranted for a while, nowhere in there did you mention whether the other riders stayed, or just left you high and dry, me, if one of my partners was having problems, I would have been there until resolved, doesn't seem like that's the case here, makes me wonder why after reading through the rant.

Bottom line, bike had a problem, dealer did what he could, you weren't happy so decided to complain on the forum, hoping for sympathy. Deal with the lack of.

Quick Reply: 2009 Crossbones ECM failure (Does HD "corportate" exist??)