General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kury Iso Grips or Avon Air Grips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Twincruiser
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kury Iso Grips or Avon Air Grips?

Looking at buying a new set of grips. Have any of you all tried both the Kury Iso Grips and the Avon Air Grips, which did you prefer? If Avon, did you like the velvet smooth or the regular with nubs?

Old 07-06-2015, 02:57 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I've run the Kury ISO's on several bikes and like them mostly because I have large hands and they give me more to hold onto. Can't help with the Avons as not familiar with them.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,377 Likes on 2,207 Posts
Default I've had them both

I maybe the only person on the planet that did not like the ISO grips. Found the size to be weird and never got used to them. The Avons I had on several scoots and love them. My 15RK I put HD Streamlines on and really like those too

Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Re-load
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would shop around to find somewhere that has a setup with both in there. I thought I wanted the Kry's but when I saw them on display, they felt big for my grip.

I went with the HD willie G's in Med.

I guess it's like picking out a gun, no two grips are the same.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

I have the ISO grips and like them a lot. They are are beefy with a lot of grip. I also love the palm throttle boss.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:07 PM
byronk
Road Captain
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I ended up with the Avon Air Grips (smooth ones). Tried the ISO's and didnt like them, felt too squishy and a little too bulky. Love the Avon's good feel and absorb vibration pretty well. Think im gonna add a throttle boss at some point though.

Not the best pic but here they are on my bike.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Twincruiser
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They look good on your bike! I don't see any screws on the outside cover like the Iso grips, do the end caps screw on? Do you have any idea if the throttle boss is easily adjusted for proper position, or is it in a fixed position?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:13 PM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the Kury ISOs. They do the job, but they look and feel like cheap crap. I've heard great things about the Avons so am sure if I stumble across a set, I'll buy them without hesitation. But I'll stick with the ISOs for now as apart from looking ****, they do do the job.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:19 PM
byronk
Road Captain
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Twincruiser
They look good on your bike! I don't see any screws on the outside cover like the Iso grips, do the end caps screw on? Do you have any idea if the throttle boss is easily adjusted for proper position, or is it in a fixed position?
Thanks! Yeah there are no screws on the outside. If you take the grip off there is a screw on the inside that holds the end cap on. Since I dont have the throttle boss and I know it can be used with these grips, I can only assume you'd remove the grip to access the screw and add a throttle boss.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:49 PM
WB
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had both and both are good grips. My advise is go for the one that has the most eye appeal to you. Avon is a more firm type grip.

Quick Reply: Kury Iso Grips or Avon Air Grips?