General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the plunge....bought Wheeldock

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,250 Likes on 6,010 Posts
Default Took the plunge....bought Wheeldock

I bought the Harbor Freight wheel chock several years ago. It worked well on my Sporty. Either ride it in or push it up and over the rocker and it held the bike upright. Now with my Street Glide, I find it's extremely difficult to pull out of the chock without help. So I started looking at other options and found the Wheeldock unit. It has a gas piston that helps to hold the rear rocker up, and most important, the rear rocker lays flat! the bike rolls in and rolls right out. No pulling up and over the rocker!! If I weren't electronic idiot, I would post pictures. but I copied the web site that started my search....this is pretty much exactly what it is, what I ordered, and what arrived. a bit pricey....well a lot pricey, but I like to stand the bike up for certain service work and cleaning. to me, it's another tool. It arrived Friday.... heavy box.... open it up and it's just the Wheeldock chock. That's it! no fancy packaging, all assembled, popped in 4 plastic covers and placed on the floor and it was ready to go. It took longer to cut the box up for disposal than it did to unpack and run my bike into it. works just as claimed. Pushed in, step on the lever, and walk away. Step on the release lever and roll it back out. easy peasy!!!
Bottom line is this: this is a tool I thought long and hard about. did my research, and feel this was the best I found. I'm happy.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...eldock-review/

Old 08-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Seems to be a very well made product, if I was to purchase a chock, I'd likely get that one.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

@ Spartanden...thnx for sharing, been looking for a decent one.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:29 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

Been using Wheeldocks for years; never looked back. No load on suspension, E-Z in and out (allows me to load our bikes alone) Expensive? Yeah; so's our bikes, our peace of mind and our time.
I even modify 1" ratchet straps by removing the tail piece and hooks, bolt the long piece back on and use it as a loop; also cut off a bunch. Dedicated to the Wheeldocks only.
In defense of trailering; we usually haul 500 miles of 4 lane south from where we live waaay up north to start our tours.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:43 AM
y2kflhr
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

mine is bolted to my HF table lift, I like you couldn't get my bike out of the HF chock and I needed something that would help me be able to ride the bike up and onto the lift. its a great nice easy chock.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:16 PM
slick hd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

It's on my to buy next list for sure.