General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 07:52 PM
smithk
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bike Shipping

Sold my daughters bike on eBay and needed to get it to MI. Instead of going through eBay and getting bids, happen to see a semi from Haulbikes.com while riding on the interstate. When I got home I called. Talked with Michelle who gave me a quote and help set up the shipping. Got a call from the driver yesterday letting me know what time he would meet me and called again today when he was an hour away. The bike will be delivered within 3 weeks. So far, this has been a great company to deal with and will use them again if needed.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:04 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Glad you found a carrier.Kind of different when seller arranges shipping instead of buyer.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:15 PM
smithk
Cruiser

The reason I helped line up shipping is the bike is being exported to South America and there is a language barrier.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have used Haul Bikes many times and highly recommend them.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smithk
The reason I helped line up shipping is the bike is being exported to South America and there is a language barrier.

You didn't accept a check from his brother's cousin did you? LOL

Not knocking you for the sale, but it just has that tinge of the scam that's been going on for years.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

We bought a bike from a guy in Texas on E that arranged the shipping. It definitely added to the reasons that we chose that bike over others.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:18 PM
smithk
Cruiser

Because of the out of country sale, I was entered into a South African lottery and be darned if I didn't win. Once they get the Harley, they are going to send me 12 million dollars. Am I luck or what. Ok........I only took payment through PayPal and that money has been transferred into my bank over a month ago. Made several calls to ebay and PayPal to be sure that it was all safe.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:30 PM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by smithk
Because of the out of country sale, I was entered into a South African lottery and be darned if I didn't win. Once they get the Harley, they are going to send me 12 million dollars. Am I luck or what. Ok........I only took payment through PayPal and that money has been transferred into my bank over a month ago. Made several calls to ebay and PayPal to be sure that it was all safe.

I was thinking scam originally when I saw this, glad you checked it out smithk. I'm sure you shipped it to their verified paypal address too.

I'd honestly be to scared to arrange shipping to another country on a ebay (super buyer protected) motorcycle/auto sale.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:16 PM
smithk
Cruiser

I only had to arrange the shipping to MI to a guy that the buyer does business with. They are both in the aircraft business. From there it is going to be loaded into a container with aircraft parts and all shipped to the buyer. After going through all this sales and shipping, I have talked to a lot of people who know people who have exported cars and motorcycles. Guess it is big business and if your willing to go through all the paper work, very worth it. Don't know if I would want to do it again. The Harley was sold July 11th and I received payment 2 days later. It's the rest of the transaction that is taking so long.