General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this world

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 AM
AshleyNicole07
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this world

Hey guys I'm new to owning a Harley and ever being on a forum and I'm 27 lol. I bought my first bike this year and it was a Kawasaki 250. My boyfriend his dad and his dad's girlfriend all own Harley's and are avid riders. They all talked me into test driving some Harley sporsters. After talking to the salesman and my family I made it clear what I was looking for. I wanted something sleek and slim, no big bags on the bike, and NO chrome. I'm a huge fan of blacked out. My biggest concern....in my mind Harley's are heavy and there was no way I'd ever be able to handle one. Finally once that was clear I test drove a 2015 750 and Iron883. My choice was clear as day after the second ride I had fallen in love! I purchased the Iron883. I love riding this bike because it has he appeal I was looking for and I can handle it. The joy I get from this bike is indescribable. I have enjoyed my first Harley so much and have no clue why I didn't start riding sooner but now I'm making up for lost time. I picked up the habit and ability super fast and. Can't wait to see what the future holds. Now I spend as much time as possible riding and have the biggest smile ever on my face. I look forward to being on this forum for the knowledge and help I'll receive will be ever grateful. Harley riders are a unique group of their own that stick together and become family and I am proud to be apart of this family.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 AM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Wow. That's the kind of reaction to riding I like to hear.
You didn't mention if you'd taken any rider courses. You should. Even long time riders benefit from taking formal courses. Sounds like you could take an advanced course. You'll enjoy it and learn a lot. The more you learn, the safer you'll be.
Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Roadblock_MN
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Sounds like you have been bitten hard. Be sure to have thick skin...enjoy the ride...and enjoy what God has created...and figure out if it is the journey or the destination...I am personally all about the journey...

Enjoy the ride!

Old 09-30-2015, 09:14 AM
AshleyNicole07
Stage IV

Right now I think it's about the journey and where it's going to take me. I did take a weekend motorcycle course to get my license and they taught me the basics. I practiced a bit on some back roads and parking lots with riders by my side teaching me. I have the three I mentioned earlier helping me learn and grow every step of the way. I also have my father helping me learn and grown. Between the four of them I have atleast 65 years of experienced riders helping me develope, learn, and grow and understand while enjoying the ride and staying safe!

Old 09-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum and the world of HD. Soon you will want bags to store all your stuff in! lol Post up a pic of your ride if you can.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Roadblock_MN
Road Master

That is awesome that you are learning from them...the more miles you put on and the more experiences you have, the more you will learn...if you are open to learning...

Where are the pics?? what color bike?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:23 AM
AshleyNicole07
Stage IV

This winter while the bike is in storage I'm going to buy a small rack and bag for the back and possible a small side bag and also a windshield. I'm working on the pictures still trying to get use to the forum.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Roadblock_MN
Road Master

Originally Posted by AshleyNicole07
This winter while the bike is in storage I'm going to buy a small rack and bag for the back and possible a small side bag and also a windshield. I'm working on the pictures still trying to get use to the forum.
Right on. I took two road trips this year....they were a crazy fun blast...by road trip I mean where I am gone for 4 days minimum....

Cant wait for my next one...unfortunately I will have to dream about it until the winter is done harassing me...heh

Old 09-30-2015, 09:28 AM
rhythm1978
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome! I like the Irons. And great you've got people to help teach you. Nothing like experience. Learn from theirs and create your own!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:30 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome ,I remember my first Sportster rode the wheels off it . Enjoy

Quick Reply: New to this world