General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could I have made the difference or could you with just a email

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,379 Likes on 1,163 Posts
Default Could I have made the difference or could you with just a email

Now that we have the internet and can email anyone at will. Do you ever send companies emails on what changes you would like to see. Or how to improve a part for your bike .
For instance I really like the American Elite tire , but they didn't make a 160/70B-17 for my Deuce . So I would send Dunlop a email every 3 or 4 months explaining why they need to make this common size tire for Harley's . Well now I see they just started selling it at JP Cycles.
So do you think I had any thing to do with them making the AE in a 160/70B-17 after 2 yrs of emails ?

And I'm now working on FoxCreek Leathers to make a distressed brown jacket.

Last edited by Iron lHorse; 10-04-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:04 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Well, even though email isn't really new. . .

Instead of trying get to convince companies to make something I like, I just buy what I like from companies that already make it.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:10 AM
weekender2098
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it up. Some companies actually take customers feedback and make it happen if there is enough feedback on the same issue.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:04 AM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

all good companies love direct feedback/input good and bad..they can compile real time data for changes effeciently

Old 10-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
Now that we have the internet and can email anyone at will. Do you ever send companies emails on what changes you would like to see. Or how to improve a part for your bike .
For instance I really like the American Elite tire , but they didn't make a 160/70B-17 for my Deuce . So I would send Dunlop a email every 3 or 4 months explaining why they need to make this common size tire for Harley's . Well now I see they just started selling it at JP Cycles.
So do you think I had any thing to do with them making the AE in a 160/70B-17 after 2 yrs of emails ?

And I'm now working on FoxCreek Leathers to make a distressed brown jacket.
I certainly think it is good for consumers to advise companies of good and bad ideas/issues, etc. I don't think it is necessary to harass them.

Do you think Dunlop would have taken longer to make the 160/70B-17 if you only sent them 1 email ? Most companies are very well aware of customer demand. As a result, they change supply as needed.

So, to answer your question, "... do you think I had any thing to do with them making the AE in a 160/70B-17 after 2 yrs of emails ?", my answer is unlikely. Sounds like your head has swelled a bit.

Originally Posted by weekender2098
Keep it up. Some companies actually take customers feedback and make it happen if there is enough feedback on the same issue.
If the same person sends the same email to the same company every 3 months, does the company consider that "enough feedback on the same issue" ? If I was a company and received the same email from the same person over and over again, that person would end up on my 'blocked sender' list.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

lmfao...think you're caught up with yourself.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,379 Likes on 1,163 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
I certainly think it is good for consumers to advise companies of good and bad ideas/issues, etc. I don't think it is necessary to harass them.

Do you think Dunlop would have taken longer to make the 160/70B-17 if you only sent them 1 email ? Most companies are very well aware of customer demand. As a result, they change supply as needed.

So, to answer your question, "... do you think I had any thing to do with them making the AE in a 160/70B-17 after 2 yrs of emails ?", my answer is unlikely. Sounds like your head has swelled a bit.

If the same person sends the same email to the same company every 3 months, does the company consider that "enough feedback on the same issue" ? If I was a company and received the same email from the same person over and over again, that person would end up on my 'blocked sender' list.
I don't send them nasty emails or the same email over and over again. So I don't consider it a forum of herassment. I just think it mite get read by the right person eventually .

Old 10-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,422 Likes on 1,546 Posts

I don't know, I've never seen any of my emails make a difference. Of course, maybe if I didn't start them with "YOU ****ING IDIOT"....

Old 10-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
I don't send them nasty emails or the same email over and over again. So I don't consider it a forum of herassment. I just think it mite get read by the right person eventually .
I didn't suggest you sent nasty emails. Also, you don't have to send the same exact email each time, but you're making the same point with each email. With most companies, it isn't a matter of the "right person" reading your email since that person is unlikely the one that actually manufactures what you want.

Suggestions go to the appropriate department in the company. When there is enough interest or concern by consumers, the company will act on it. They also have to prioritize these concerns.

You made the company aware of your desire with the first email. To send repeated requests is unnecessary. I'm also sure the "right person" at the company recognizes that your email is coming from the same individual. When the company deems it the right time, they will act on consumer concerns.

Apparently, now is the right time for Dunlop to make the tire in the size you want and I doubt your numerous emails were the impetus for it.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:18 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 600 Likes on 351 Posts

first thing they have to find out is if they'll make money on what you requested. if they can't or won't make money on the product, it won't be made.

Quick Reply: Could I have made the difference or could you with just a email