General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Shark Pro Carbon Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up New Shark Pro Carbon Helmet

Just rec'd my new Shark modular helmet. It is the upgraded model of the Evoline, but in Carbon fiber/Kevlar construction.

One of the things I liked is that is is about a pound lighter than my old faithful Evoline 2. Slightly updated in styling and features, but still is the only modular that flips it's chin guard completely over the top and parks it at the back of your neck.

Read that Harley is beginning to stock these helmets, but needed to order from Italy to get the latest Carbon Fiber models.

Looks great right out of the box, but like my last one fits a bit snug in the cheeks until it wears in a bit.

Cost about $350 (list $799) so about the same price as the old ones.

It got held up in customs for about a week, and I needed to send in a special form to get it, but Fed-Ex handled all that for me.

Biggest complaint about my old Shark was that while it is really versatile it felt heavier than I would have liked. This new one has lots of little improvements and fits even better than the first one.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:27 PM
GunnerB
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pics?

Old 11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 789 Posts

Where did you order it from?

Old 11-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

I got it from burnoutitaly.com

They have pictures, prices, specs there.

Be sure not to confuse the standard Eveline 3 with the new Pro Carbon model. That is the lighter one.

I tried to find it in USA, but no luck. Took a couple weeks to get it from Italy, but really happy with the way the carbon fiber and graphics look.

I got the one with the black gloss carbon fiber and grey graphics. They also have a matte finish and some colors.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

This will save you searching their site. Direct to carbon version.

http://www.burnoutitaly.com/shark-ev...-carbon-helmet

They have different colors and black matt finish.

Mine is the gloss black with grey graphics. Really happy with the quality.

I also ordered an extra smoke face shield. They just put it in the box with the helmet, so no additional shipping.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:40 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
This will save you searching their site. Direct to carbon version.
http://www.burnoutitaly.com/shark-ev...-carbon-helmet
They have different colors and black matt finish.
Mine is the gloss black with grey graphics. Really happy with the quality.
I also ordered an extra smoke face shield. They just put it in the box with the helmet, so no additional shipping.
Thanks for the heads up. Like you, I had a Shark Evoline. It was very good quality but I sold it on EBay because it was just too heavy. Replaced it with an HJC Symax. I'm now due for a new helmet and was looking at what was available in a modular. Vega has a model (Summit) that only weighs 1450 grams and cost $150. Figured the quality and protection must not be that great at that price. Also, as you said, the new Evoline Pro is 1600 grams (3.5 pounds). That's a full pound lighter than the old Evoline I had and slightly lighter than the HJC. There is another website https://www.chromeburner.com/shark-e...FUiEfgodgB4BGQ that has them for $400 and free shipping so it's a little cheaper than buying from Italy after you factor in shipping but they are out of stock on the large. Anyway, thanks again. I am ordering one.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Time Machine
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11-09-2015, 11:33 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

Pictures on the Italy website. Looks pretty much like the older Evolines, but with different graphics and visible carbon fiber areas.

For Sport. I looked at a couple other websites and some had none in my size available, and others were unable to ship to USA.

Shopping around is always a good idea.

Think these are going to be pretty popular.

In addition to the lower weight, the carbon fiber/aramid should give an additional layer of impact resistance and protection.

They have a new, and very substantial clip lock for the chin strap that is easier to use than D rings. The chin bar locking mechanism seems more solid and easy to clip than my old one.

Expect to see these available at Revzilla soon, but maybe at a higher price.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:24 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Paul, you mentioned that the cheek pads are tight. On my old Evoline I had the same problem. I didn't keep it long enough to see if they would get better over time. I would be interested in hearing from you after you've worn your new one for awhile on whether they loosened up or not.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

Cheek pads on my Evoline 2 were also tight at first. Loosened up after a month or so.

Shark offeres a pad exchange for those who want a looser fit.

Will be riding a couple hours this afternoon. Will let you know how it works out.

Shark design wraps around your jaw quite a bit, giving you pretty good protection even when riding with it in 3/4 configuration. Might be why it feels a little different from other designs.

Shark makes their helmets for race track use. That is one of the reasons they promote a tighter fit. Casual riders want something that they can just throw on and be legal. In accidents cops often see helmets coming off the riders head. They ride with the chin strap loose and off it comes, leaving the rider unprotected.

I pulled the ears out a bit when first trying it on, and already it feels looser : >)

Quick Reply: New Shark Pro Carbon Helmet