General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I Fouled Out Like An Old Spark Plug

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 06:13 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts
Default Well I Fouled Out Like An Old Spark Plug

Yeah that is right I dropped my bike at a four way stop. Not a person around to see it thank goodness. I had used both breaks to get stopped, and I was almost stopped my hand was still on the front break. I had just put my feet almost down and my front tire hit a melted candy bar, a Mister Good Bar I think it had a yellow wrapper. Now there are a whole bunch of us on this Forum that has dropped a bike at some point or another, but Damnit I dropped it on my right foot the rear saddle bag guard pinned my foot between it and the pavement. There I was still on the bike with my foot still up under me and the bike, well to make a long story I turned and twisted and slithered off the bike and got my foot out. I got my bike back up and rode about a half a mile home. I'll go to the Doctor in the AM and get it checked out because I can't walk on it now, It is too swelled up. Ok if you were posting this I would be laughing, so here you go have a good laugh on me, you have my permission.LOL

The following 2 users liked this post by 6 gun:
jmn1960 (03-07-2016), sunderhill (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 06:21 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Ouch, it might be worth going somewhere with an X-Ray machine? Hope it's only sprained.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

It's only funny when picturing this as you wrote it, but not if it's happened to yourself. Got to admit it made me snicker a little. However I can identify with you......pulled into a gas station in NM with the sun low in the sky and headed into the sun. As I pulled up to the gas pump I put my foot down and away it went. Happened to be oil dry down where I guess diesel had been spilled. I pulled muscles I didn't remember having trying to keep my bike up. Hope all is okay with your foot.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Highway Guy
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default you won't see me laughin...

Sixgun, Honestly I feel for ya. Bad enough to have to tell all of us about your misfortune today, ya got injuries too .... Hope you are back in the saddle soon, with only a bruised EGO. Take care, partner. Tim

Old 03-06-2016, 06:36 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by Longridertx
It's only funny when picturing this as you wrote it, but not if it's happened to yourself. Got to admit it made me snicker a little. However I can identify with you......pulled into a gas station in NM with the sun low in the sky and headed into the sun. As I pulled up to the gas pump I put my foot down and away it went. Happened to be oil dry down where I guess diesel had been spilled. I pulled muscles I didn't remember having trying to keep my bike up. Hope all is okay with your foot.
Oh heck if I didn't intend to make the readers smile chuckle or laugh, I wouldn't have posted it. My daughter is coming to pick ma up in the morning to take me to the doctors office.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:42 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

May I join your club? I dropped mine, coming to a stop, using only the rear brake, front wheel was turned, hit the brake real hard, next thing I am looking at the sky.
Took two of us to lift that sucker up.
Hope your injuries are not serious.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Rick58
Road Warrior
Received 325 Likes on 208 Posts

You may want to go to the ER tonite and get that foot X-Rayed just in case you broke it. Hope you heal quickly.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:04 PM
predatornut
Tourer
Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 gun
Yeah that is right I dropped my bike at a four way stop. Not a person around to see it thank goodness. I had used both breaks to get stopped, and I was almost stopped my hand was still on the front break. I had just put my feet almost down and my front tire hit a melted candy bar, a Mister Good Bar I think it had a yellow wrapper. Now there are a whole bunch of us on this Forum that has dropped a bike at some point or another, but Damnit I dropped it on my right foot the rear saddle bag guard pinned my foot between it and the pavement. There I was still on the bike with my foot still up under me and the bike, well to make a long story I turned and twisted and slithered off the bike and got my foot out. I got my bike back up and rode about a half a mile home. I'll go to the Doctor in the AM and get it checked out because I can't walk on it now, It is too swelled up. Ok if you were posting this I would be laughing, so here you go have a good laugh on me, you have my permission.LOL
I bet the first thing you did was look to see if any one saw you! I dropped mine with the wife on the back with a car behind me. Funny how the only thing I could think was to get it back up and get out of there!

Hope you didn't do any serious damage, best wishes.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,555 Likes on 3,058 Posts

I laughed a little only because I did it too. It was on a wet lawn, and I wasn't thinking as I navigated my way to the garage that it had just stopped raining after 2 straight days of showers and boom, down on the right side somehow pinning my foot under the rear guard.

My problem was that my foot got pushed down into the mud, and pretty deep too. Probably kept me from breaking anything but it consequently took a good 10 minutes to dig, twist, pull and finally slide my leg out from under the bike.

I definitely felt a little foolish. And here's to hoping you've just got a sprain.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,194 Likes on 5,618 Posts

Happens to the best of us, I took a spill going through my grass after a heavy frost. Turned the front wheel to make a U-turn and down she went. Didn't hurt anything but my ego. Hope your hoof gets better and aint broke

Quick Reply: Well I Fouled Out Like An Old Spark Plug