General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Time Identifying Parts - In Search of a Guide or Parts List

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:26 PM
mark00thomas@gmail.com
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Time Identifying Parts - In Search of a Guide or Parts List

I am a DIY kind of guy and keep running into the same problem when servicing/repairing this bike. I can't identify the parts and they have no brand or model markings. Currently I am servicing the breaks and can't identify the calipers to buy the correct rebuild kit. Same with the master cylinder, forks, triple trees, etc.

I have a 2008 Sucker Punch Sally 66 Bobber. SPS is out of business, so no help there. I have not been able to find a parts list online. Anyone own one of these and experienced the same headache? Anyone have a parts list for these bikes that would help during maintenance or a guide to identifying parts?

Thanks in advanced for any help you can offer!

2008 Sucker Punch Sally 66 Bobber

Trying to identify brake calipers among other parts. Would love to know what lowers these are to find a front fender to match bike.

Disassembled break caliper off 2008 Sucker Punch Sally 66 Bobber

Old 04-09-2016, 12:44 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

That's one of the biggest downsides to buying a "Special Construction" bike. Especially after they go **** up. I don't have any advice for you but wish you the best of luck in your upcoming endeavor! I believe but I'm not 100% sure that your front caliper is an older Hawg Halter Inc. model.

The following users liked this post:
mark00thomas@gmail.com (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 10:11 AM
mark00thomas@gmail.com
6th Gear

Yea, of all thing things I considered before buying this bike, ability to find spare parts slipped my mind.

Hawg Halter, may be it. They also don't have brand markings on some of their parts.

Last edited by mark00thomas@gmail.com; 04-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:45 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 512 Likes on 444 Posts

Try contacting the old dealers:
http://www.suckerpunchsallys.com/SPS_Dealers.htm

This press report lists some of the parts that were used:
http://www.officialbikeweek.com/bikeweek/jan09_sm2.pdf

Looks like the front fender was an option. Maybe an old dealer would have some info:
http://www.suckerpunchsallys.com/traditional08.htm

Old 04-09-2016, 01:09 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,969 Likes on 1,718 Posts

The forks look like Showa forks as used on Harleys. If that is the case, the fender holes should line up with Harley (something like a Fatbob fender) and brake caliper holes should line up with Brembo's used for Harley. Upgrading to Brembo's off ebay from someone that swapped out might be an option.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:14 PM
mark00thomas@gmail.com
6th Gear

Thanks 14GuineaPig, but I have already exhausted those avenues. The dealers I could get ahold of were not very helpful. The bike giveaway during Daytona was build with "upgraded' parts, and very diffrent from the stock models they sold.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:33 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Those aftermarket Caliper's are fairly generic as far as parts like pads or replacement orings & pistons, those look like Ultima's and there's at least 4 more brands just like them out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polished-Ult...FUrFRw&vxp=mtr

Lower legs look like evo fatboy's there's about 1" height difference in the spacing on the fender mounting holes between the fatboy's and regular touring models, way to tell what the legs are from is yours are rounded all the way to the top and dresser legs have an oval taper going up.

You'll find most stuff for the kit choppers are based on evo parts , dealt with a lot of this over the years and forget trying to find a parts breakdown specific for the bike those places never put one out and the brand source they used could change with each model or even year bike.

Your best bet when looking for something is cruise Ebay till you find a match seriously.

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 04-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:41 PM
mark00thomas@gmail.com
6th Gear

Twisted Biker, Thank you! I looked at the Ultima Breaks and they are an exact match! Now I should be able to find a set of seals to rebuild them. You are a champ!

Old 04-09-2016, 02:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Just for information purposes DNA, Hawg Halters and another I can't remember the name of look just like them also and I believe all the guts are interchangeable, all those place get the bulk internal parts from the same oversea's source. Good luck on the project , somebody else's build can be a head scratcher.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:32 PM
mark00thomas@gmail.com
6th Gear

It has been a head scratcher. But for all the grief this bike has given me in the shop, she still puts a smile on my face when we are on the road!

I don't understand why a company like Ultima would not put their name on their product.

Quick Reply: Hard Time Identifying Parts - In Search of a Guide or Parts List