General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob: HD1 Customization

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Harley4life323
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Street Bob: HD1 Customization

Has anyone used this feature on the HarleyDavidson website? Have any of you customized your street Bob and printed what you wanted and taken it to your HarleyDavidson dealership? How did it go? Where they cool about it? Did they try to talk you out of it?

Old 05-01-2016, 09:27 PM
SASK_RT
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I used that process when I got my FXDBP. And that is basically how it went. I told them how I wanted it and that's how it was ordered. I ordered in November and it arrived early January. I think that is a lot longer than normal as I don't think they were doing a lot of shipping up to Canada in the dead of winter.

I haggled on the accessories and extra fees but basically paid msrp for the bike. My only regret is not having them include a free 1000 mile service.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Phu8726
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my FXDBP this way. I did the "build" at home numerous times trying to get it just right. The way I wanted it. You can build it online at home and have the info and parts sent to the dealer of your choice, or print out the build once you are done and bring that to a dealer.

I actually did it online AT the dealership. Sat down with my salesman and the owner of the dealership. Did the same build I did over and over at home.

Completed the online build on April 2 and they submitted the order that day. Next day got a call from my sales guy and said Ship date was scheduled for April 21. The bike was home on the 23nd after the dealership service guys were done finishing the build. A lot of stuff is dealer installed.

My dealership said that was the fastest they've seen one thru HD 1 customs built and delivered.

If you're building the bike you want with the parts and looks you want. It's a cool way to do it. Probably the only way I'll buy Harley's from now on.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Harley4life323
Advanced
Default Street Bob

Originally Posted by Phu8726
I just got my FXDBP this way. I did the "build" at home numerous times trying to get it just right. The way I wanted it. You can build it online at home and have the info and parts sent to the dealer of your choice, or print out the build once you are done and bring that to a dealer.

I actually did it online AT the dealership. Sat down with my salesman and the owner of the dealership. Did the same build I did over and over at home.

Completed the online build on April 2 and they submitted the order that day. Next day got a call from my sales guy and said Ship date was scheduled for April 21. The bike was home on the 23nd after the dealership service guys were done finishing the build. A lot of stuff is dealer installed.

My dealership said that was the fastest they've seen one thru HD 1 customs built and delivered.

If you're building the bike you want with the parts and looks you want. It's a cool way to do it. Probably the only way I'll buy Harley's from now on.
I want to order one straight from the factory with forward foot controls, because the dealership wants to charge $400 for the parts, and like $400 for labor, and if I order one from the factory it'll just cost me $180

Old 05-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Phu8726
Novice

When you add parts to your build. Look at the info for it ... It may say "dealer installed"

Old 05-01-2016, 11:21 PM
Harley4life323
Advanced

Originally Posted by Phu8726
When you add parts to your build. Look at the info for it ... It may say "dealer installed"
I did look, and it said "factory installed" for the forward foot controls 😀

Old 05-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Phu8726
Novice

Originally Posted by Harley4life323
I did look, and it said "factory installed" for the forward foot controls 😀
That'll work!

When I looked the parts list online the Badlander seat was 324 but from factory it was 274. I'm guessing because They didn't have to put a solo seat on to start with. It said "dealer installed" Even though a seat is the easiest mod you can do it still saved me 50 bucks. Ended up saving a little more bc it came from factory with the seat and the pegs ... My dealership took off a total of 360 off because they didn't install it.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,190 Likes on 5,617 Posts

Not trying to hijack the thread but when did the Street Bob become the FXDBP? I had an 07 and it was just plain old FXDB... What's the "P" designation stand for?

Old 05-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Phu8726
Novice

Originally Posted by boe1971200
Not trying to hijack the thread but when did the Street Bob become the FXDBP? I had an 07 and it was just plain old FXDB... What's the "P" designation stand for?
HD 1 custom Street Bobs get the "p" i believe

Old 05-02-2016, 06:22 AM
maydaymike
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

I ordered mine on May 3rd, 2014 and took delivery 4 weeks later. All I changed up on mine was the bars and one of the special order colors. Any of the factory options (mids vs forwards, black vs chrome engine trim, bars, and a few of the wheel options) are a great deal compared to what you would pay the dealer after they receive it. You also have an expanded selection of colors, that cost the same as the standard colors.

Last edited by maydaymike; 05-02-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Street Bob: HD1 Customization