General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rant about another "biker"

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Iarecobra
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Rant about another "biker"

So the other day I was driving my truck. I came up to a stop sign and turned on my signal indicating I was turning right. As I was waiting for a break in the traffic to make my turn I hear and see a motorcycle drive around me on the right hand side and cut me off to turn right.

I'm pissed cause what he did was illegal and dangerous. I was a couple milliseconds from turning. And he was inches from my front fender. If I would have hit the gas to go I would have ran right into him.

He ended up going to the same gas station I was going to. And I got out of my truck and laid into him verbally. Told him didn't you see my turn signal?!?.... I almost hit you.

His response was "So?" Then he acted like he wanted to fight me.

I told him I rode as well and he gave other motorcycle riders a bad name by riding like a jack off.

I ended up walking away because he was acting like a macho biker that owns the road. And the rules didn't apply to him. I walked away before it escalated further.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:56 PM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 814 Posts

I understand the frustration but there's a idiot in crowd. Let it go before you get yourself in a bad situation with the PoPo involved. He ain't worth it.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:58 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Probably won't be the last mistake he makes. Might get his name in the paper.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (06-19-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

+1 on this Iarecobra. There really are some riders out there that have no concern for their own lives or others. You did the right thing by walking away.

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
That wasn't the last one, but he will have a last one riding like that.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-15-2016 at 11:40 PM.
BigDogIdaho (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 03:01 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Oh yea, there's the truth of it...

The following 2 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
BigDogIdaho (06-16-2016), Jay Guild (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Iarecobra
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

When it's all said and done I'm just glad I didn't plow him over when he cut me off. Even though He was in the wrong, I'm sure I would have had to deal with a lot of financial and emotional burdens.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:41 PM
kuri77
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

I wasn't there so no judgement on your reaction or feelings. And no defense of the ***'s attitude towards you either. However, playing devil's advocate, you didn't say it was a right turn only lane and you did say that you pulled up to the stop then turned on your signal. If that is all correct supposition, I have been in that situation many times and did what the biker did as far as pulling up on your right. (If you had your signal on well in advance of the stop I would agree totally with you but it's not clear from your post). No different to my lane splitting to the front of every light and line of cars whether on the right or left. With the heavy traffic here I could be passing a dozen cars on the right to get up to the stop/light to turn. By the time I get to the front enough time has passed that I can see if the front driver is turning or not. However, these days you can't rely on anyone to use their turn signals or if they do it's after they've already started turning which ain't much help. So I assume anyone I'm passing on the right, whether stopped or moving, may turn at any second. I pass in that situation very carefully while trying to see the driver's face in his right mirror. If anything looks fishy or I can't see the driver I wait but if I can see the driver is looking forward and appears to have no intention of turning then I go.
Again, no question of your post just an observation as has happened to me numerous times.
Also, if it makes any difference, I'm in CA and it's not illegal to do that since lane splitting is allowed. A cop could see it differently and say dangerous but that scenario happens here all the time.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Dave15
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

If you're in the far right lane and you are passing on the right, just to get to the front of a line of cars without intending to make a right turn at the intersection, you are not lane splitting. You are passing illegally on the right of traffic.

sunderhill (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 05:58 PM
kuri77
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

True Dave but the OP said he turned right. I realize in non-CA states this may be illegal even if he does turn right.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

stupids are everywhere.

Quick Reply: Rant about another "biker"