General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local HD dealership chaps my azz!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 01:08 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Local HD dealership chaps my azz!!!

I don't know if this would bother the rest of you, but for me this really bothered me.

The local HD (Frazier's HD), had the Halloween duh-dah this Saturday. I rarely visit this dealership as they don't have as good of reputation as other is the area although I do live closer to Frazier's.

This issue I had was that they had a CAR show as part of the Halloween festivities. A freaking cage show at the HD dealership. They did have a bike show, but it looks like only four or five bikes entered.

I'm 'friends' with Frazier's on Facebook and they post pictures from the event. They have about 30 or so pictures, but all I saw was pictures of cars with only 1 picture of bikes and the picture was from all the way from across the parking lot.

I know some of you guys dig cars. I like old cars somewhat, but would suffer in the cold and rain before I drive one my cars (2016 Jeep, 2008 Pathfinder) unless I need to haul something substantial.

Why would a motorcycle dealership be posting pictures of a stinking car show?

If HD is in as bad a shape as everyone keeps insinuating, then this is a big red flag in my book. Am I overreacting?

Old 10-31-2016, 01:12 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

IMO your overreacting, but heck it's your neck of the woods not mine.

I really kinda doubt that a car show at a Harley dealership is any kind of bad omen or sign of business doom.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:16 PM
jeffro09
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,366 Likes on 1,276 Posts

I don't think it's the dealers fault that more cars than bikes entered.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:17 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by rjjj629
IMO your overreacting, but heck it's your neck of the woods not mine.

I really kinda doubt that a car show at a Harley dealership is any kind of bad omen or sign of business doom.
You could be right. I may be just so anti-cars that it bothers me more than most. I rarely see anyone at this dealership. I went in once when I was looking for my LR and the salesman I talked to was helpful, but they handled negotiations much worse than the other dealers that I talked with. They seemed as if they didn't care about my business.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:17 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Yeah dude you're really reaching for a rant. A Dealer hosts one car show and you get your panties all up in a wad? Here's some news for you. Most Dealers do host some type of car show later towards the end of the riding season. It's another way of getting people to visit the Dealership while things are winding down. Lots of riders also have a hot rod or two to go with their choice of motorcycle, so sit back and chillax!

Old 10-31-2016, 01:19 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Yeah dude you're really reaching for a rant. A Dealer hosts one car show and you get your panties all up in a wad? Here's some news for you. Most Dealers do host some type of car show later towards the end of the riding season. It's another way of getting people to visit the Dealership while things are winding down. Lots of riders also have a hot rod or two to go with their choice of motorcycle, so sit back and chillax!

Now that was funny!

Old 10-31-2016, 01:20 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by jeffro09
I don't think it's the dealers fault that more cars than bikes entered.
I don't look at it that way. I look at it as if an abortion clinic hosted lectures from the top 10 Evangelist on anti-abortion in the county. Maybe that's a little extreme, but you get the point.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:20 PM
Skully
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That last time I was in Cali the HD dealer in Glendale was having a car show. We had a great time.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:23 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
I was just wondering if it was just me. If guys like both that's fine. Some guys like blondes and brunettes. I just like redheads so to speak.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Yes, Lighten up Francis.

Quick Reply: Local HD dealership chaps my azz!!!