General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abc's of touring contest

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 02:10 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts
Default Abc's of touring contest

I can never figure out how to find the info, past results and entry form for this challenge. I have in the past accidentally stumbled onto it, but I can't find it now.
Does anyone know how I can locate it??? I've been trying to find it for the last hour and it's driving me nuts. I want to see what the prizes are for this year.

I have done this challenge for the last 5 years and really have a ball doing it. Love the prizes for the top points too. The best one was a 1/4" scale metal model of the H-D engine. Very impressive.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:27 PM
josame
Road Master
Received 291 Likes on 163 Posts
Old 02-23-2017, 05:00 PM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by josame
I think that was last year's event. OP, I think this is an event sponsored by HOG. You might try contacting them to get more info. Good luck on your quest.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:32 PM
Ricekw
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found it on the HOG website under "Benifits" "More Benefits" and then ABC's and then more info. This link might work
http://members.hog.com/en_US/HOG/HDMN_VF_MySubmission

Old 02-24-2017, 12:40 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Doesn't work for me. I've tried that a hundred times and it keeps sending me back to that damn smiling couple - over and over and over.

I did find it a year ago when I was looking for the results, but since then nothing.

I want the 2017 form and prize info.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:55 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I can never figure out how to find the info, past results and entry form for this challenge. I have in the past accidentally stumbled onto it, but I can't find it now.
Does anyone know how I can locate it??? I've been trying to find it for the last hour and it's driving me nuts. I want to see what the prizes are for this year.

I have done this challenge for the last 5 years and really have a ball doing it. Love the prizes for the top points too. The best one was a 1/4" scale metal model of the H-D engine. Very impressive.
Not sure if this is what you want or even if I've got it right but are you referring to a run called the Hoka Hey or something spelled similar to that? The event that I'm thinking of is where they have to ride though all the lower 48 states in a certain amount of time. I know of a couple of people that have done that.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:28 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

The form is on the Hog members site. I believe the winners are usually published in an issue of the Hog magazine.

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Dr. Tiki (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 216 Posts

Thank you! I have been looking for that as well.

The problem that I have been is having is that as soon as you sign-up to submit pictures, it takes you right back to the 'My Submissions' page everytime.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:57 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Not sure if this is what you want or even if I've got it right but are you referring to a run called the Hoka Hey or something spelled similar to that? The event that I'm thinking of is where they have to ride though all the lower 48 states in a certain amount of time. I know of a couple of people that have done that.
No, I want the H-D ABC's of Touring Contest. They have it every year. The more points you get, the bigger the prizes. Some really nice ones too.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:07 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
The form is on the Hog members site. I believe the winners are usually published in an issue of the Hog magazine.

I know it's on the HOG site - - somewhere, but I can usually never find it. What were the steps you took to find it???
Never saw "all" the names in the HOG magazine - just the 3 top winners. All the entrants and their scores were printed on the website.

Looks like this year they are scaling back. Before you only needed 77 points for all the prizes, now it's 100 points and the top prize is only a pin/patch and a $50 gift card for Norscot - -BIG %$# DEAL. I think I'll pass this time. Not worth all the extra travel.

Thanks for the form etc.

Quick Reply: Abc's of touring contest