General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal hardware

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 05:27 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Turn signal hardware

I've got a set of these Kuryakyn deep dish bezels on my 2002 Fat Boy rear bullet signal lights. They've been there quite some time. Now the chrome is starting to crinkle and it won't be long until it flakes off. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/381-388

Also, there's been a set of LED inserts in those same lights for quite some time. I don't think they're Custom Dynamics because the individual lights don't seem as robust. I have a brand new Custom Dynamics run/turn/brake module on the bike. These LED inserts would flicker very rapidly while in running light mode. Almost like a fluorescent light that's going bad. I took them out of the FB and tried them in my 2001 RK, which also has a run/turn/brake module. Same thing with the flickering.
I took the rear LED turn signals out of the RK and swapped them into the FB. No more flickering. Seeing that the old FB inserts flickered in 2 different bikes but the RK inserts work in both bikes I'm inclined to think that the older inserts are on the way out. Below is a pic of those inserts.
I kept the good inserts in the FB for now and placed the old incandescents back in the RK and they work fine. So here's what I'm looking for suggestions on: A quality bullet light bezel that won't have peeling chrome in a few years and which LED insert to use in these bullet lights. I'm shying away from Kuryakyn after my current chrome situation. I'm leaning toward a Custom Dynamics insert because I've had good luck with them in other applications.
Thanks for the assistance.

Attached Thumbnails Turn signal hardware-img_0429.jpg