Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Turn Signal inserts question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default LED Turn Signal inserts question.

Hi guys,

I am looking at the inserts for the turn signals front and rear for my bike , trying to get more visibility is all i am after really.

Questions :

1 - Do I need a separate load equalizer module for both front and back ? or is it one for both ?
2- on an FXST I am really tight under my seat (due to having the Kuryakyn integrated rear light/turn module) and I understand the equalizers get really hot .. did anybody try to squeeze them there ?

Just wondering.

Regards

A.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:22 PM
CopperHead2008
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They recommend one eq. for both. One for front and one for the back. They do get warm. Just attach to frame to dissipate heat better.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:10 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Call Custom Dynamics. The Badlander r/t/b module has the eq built into it and is solid state - does not get hot. Their own brand/version may be the same way? Very knowledgeable folks - worth a call. You do need two eq's - front and rear.

fwiw - I have CD's led clusters in the rear and they are great. Personally, not worth spending the money for the front as I can see whats going on up their.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Custom Dynamics LED turn signals front and back. I went with the kit. It has the 4 LED lights and one load equalizer. I also got the Street Magic Triple Play Controller so the LED's will serve as runnning lights, turn signals, and brake lights. When I flush mounted the rear tail light into the fender I lost some rea lighting. My bike is not the wide tire model so the LED light could only be so big. It looked really good and was surprisingly bright but I wanted more visability for safety reasons. Now I have the flush mounted LED light, LED lights in my rear axle covers, and LED turn signals that will do all three functions. The Triple Play also has a selectable option that will flash all three of the lights three times upon pressing the brake and then stay steady until released.

These things aren't cheap but none of the LED products are. Now I'm looking into HID's for the headlamp and passing lamps!

After being hit from behind last May I wanted to be plenty visable for safety. I really like the looks of these lights and how everything has come together for my rear lighting. Once I get the HID's the front will be all set as well!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks guys,
I was looking at the 'inserts' the ones that fit as direct replacement for the pulbs, I like 'easy' installations .. so not sure yet how those work.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
These things aren't cheap but none of the LED products are. Now I'm looking into HID's for the headlamp and passing lamps!
After getting LED turn indicators all the way around, I just had to go with the LED headlamp myself.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TNB
After getting LED turn indicators all the way around, I just had to go with the LED headlamp myself.
Yep that is definitely in the plan ... visibility (my own and others) at night is very important.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by klf33
Thanks guys,
I was looking at the 'inserts' the ones that fit as direct replacement for the pulbs, I like 'easy' installations .. so not sure yet how those work.
Those are the type I was referring too. Custom Dynamics cluster leds, 48 little led's that are extremely intense/bright. They plug in like a bulb then snap into the inside of the billet housing. They fit perfect.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:22 AM
apx07
Cruiser
Smile LED Indicators and Tail/brake light

Just fitted LED indicator arrays and rear tail/brake light from Custom Dynamics. Easy to fit and no balancer required for 2012 models. Delivered to Australia 5 days from ordering. Good service and the LEDs are much brighter than the old HD globes :-) Worth the money...

Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did this mod and I used the LED arrays from Radiantz.com $90 for all 4 plug and play and for the controller I bought the Badlands R,T,B module which has the load equalizer built in as mentioned above. I also did the LED array tombstone mod but I see you run the standard rear brake.

What ever you get you will be happy with the results unless you get the small 1156/1157 bulb type that are in most cases very dim and not worth your time.

I have pics of them installed in the link below.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-and-pics.html

Quick Reply: LED Turn Signal inserts question.